Runtastic Push Ups PRO - Workouts, Trainer & Counter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to push yourself to do 100 push-ups? That’s ambitious, but we’re convinced you can do it! The Runtastic Push-Ups app is the ideal companion as it turns your iPhone/iPad into your PERSONAL TRAINER. Use the app to strengthen your muscles anytime, anywhere. This classic strength move doesn’t require a gym membership or equipment. Do your body some good and let Runtastic help you live a healthier, fitter life. A scientifically developed training plan guides you towards your goal, always keeping your personal fitness level in mind. Plus, no need to count your reps: The proximity sensor in your iPhone/iPad reliably counts all your push-ups.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Accurate count of completed push-up repetitions using proximity sensor or by your nose touching the display
- Three individually adaptable levels based on scientifically developed training plan to reach 100 push-ups
- Automatic countdown timer for your rest between exercise sets
- Voice Coach for constant feedback
- Personal records & exercise statistics (i.e. monthly or yearly stats)
- Leaderboard for personal records and overall repetitions: compare to others and see how you rank with your Runtastic friends
- Upload workout activities to Runtastic.com
- Integration with Apple Health
- Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
- Share your success on Google+, Facebook, Twitter or via email
- Collect motivating badges for your performance
Stats about your completed push-up repetitions are not only highly motivating, but offer you a great and useful overview of all your sessions. Make use of your personal records to boost your motivation even further and keep setting new PRs for this classic upper body strengthening move.
Your push-ups are automatically recognized using the accelerometer of your iPhone/iPad OR by touching the display with your nose.
Practical & informative: You can upload your fitness data to Runtastic.com, if you want. There you can access your activity log anytime as well as all your stats to monitor your progress.
Kick off your journey towards your DREAM BODY! Start the Runtastic Push-Ups app and let your training begin - whenever & wherever you feel like it. Always focus on proper form when doing your reps; engage your entire body to tone your core, too. Ready, set, go!
Runtastic Push-Ups: Your ticket to your strongest self!
What's New in Version 2.3.1
- SessionM Update – mPOINTS have been removed from this app, but can be redeemed via other SessionM applications. Please visit http://getmpoints.com/ for more information.
- Optimized for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Improved app performance
Love Runtastic? Our goal is to help you improve your fitness and encourage healthy living. Rate us & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
Last step is a doozy
I used this app for a few months (still am) to go from a push up weakling to knocking out 200+ per session. It's great for pushing you in little steps towards a big improvement.
As others have mentioned though, the final leap is too much. I am still trying to hit the century mark and it just seems like they should keep doing the 2-4 more per session route rather than a 20+ jump at the end.
All in all, it's great and gets results.
Good push-up app
Push-up Pro is a simple app that will help you increase the number of push-ups that you can do.
When you open the app you can select a training mode, where you perform four sets of push-ups and gradually increase the total over the course of your workouts, or you can simply challenge yourself by seeing how many push-ups you can do.
The only real downside to this app that I've discovered is that in order for your push-ups to count you need to have your nose roughly in line with your iPhone's camera, otherwise the app won't count your push-ups, which can be frustrating.
All said and done Push-up Pro is an easy to use app that I haven't had any issues with. I would certainly recommend it for people serious about increasing their push up count or for people just looking to do some push-ups once in awhile.
Your average push-ups per day is based on days you've done push-ups. So if I do 300 push-ups on one day, and none for the rest of the month, at the end of the month my daily average is 300, not 10. Easy enough when you're dealing with a few days, but when it's the whole year it would be nice to know in terms of real days, not days you've worked out. Otherwise a great app. The inspirational quotes get annoying, but if you disable them then you don't get the other voice prompts.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 02, 2015
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.