YouVids+ : YouTube Client and Downloader for iOS6
By Apptility Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
YouVids+ is the best way to access YouTube on an iPhone or iPad.
Half price for a limited time only.
- Search for videos, channels and playlists with filters for length and upload date.
- Cache unlimited videos for offline playback.
- Play videos and playlists in the background or with the screen off.
- Subscribe to channels and view the latest videos from your subscriptions.
- Discover new videos and channels from feeds such as 'Most Popular' and and filter by category (Music, Autos etc) or time.
- In app history.
- View your favorites, watch later, playlists and subscriptions.
- Share videos on Facebook and Twitter or simply copy the URL.
- User selectable video resolution.
- Loop videos and playlists.
- Add videos to playlists including your favorites and watch later.
- Like/Dislike videos.
- View, add and reply to comments.
- See related videos.
Note: YouVids+ is in no way affiliated with YouTube or Google.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Support for iPhone(4, 4S and 5).
- Cache videos for offline playback.
- Videos that used to fail to play now work.
- View your history.
- View the latest videos from your subscriptions.
- Play your favorites and watch later playlist continuously.
- Categories and timescales for video and channel feeds.
- Loop videos and playlists.
- Subscribe to and unsubscribe from channels.
- Select video resolution during playback.
- Press and hold on a video to add to favorites, watch later, a playlist, or share to Facebook/Twitter.
- Click on usernames to jump to the relevant user profile.
- Advanced search options.
- Reply to or copy comments.
- Video upload dates now shown.
- Brand new icon.
- Fix for HD playback.
- Vastly improved scrolling speed.
- Many other bug fixes.
Superior to Google's own app...
The bandwidth on my Internet connection is highly variable. I appreciate being to do what YT doesn't seem to allow, and that is to be able to select between high-res and lo-res videos as needed. YT is more likely to choke under identical conditions. I also like being able to cache videos for offline playback. Thanks. --SJR
Fast, great preservation of vid quality.
1. There is no way to rename. It would be good if the ID string of a video were saved or user could rename, including ID string.
2. Most frustrating: I have most of my 64GB taken by cached videos and utterly fail to discover a way to transfer downloads to pc. :-(
Pretty great work devs
There are a few things you could do like cache'n subscriptions playlist and audio playback while searching commenting etc plus a subscription choice for the home feed would be nice thanks for the great app keep it up
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 21, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Apptility Limited
- © Ryan Peggs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.