By Cogitap Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t let your memories get left in the dark anymore. Now capture brighter and cleaner pictures by increasing exposure time up to one second! No fake software effects like other apps. Only true long exposure photography!
How many times have you tried to capture memorable night-time scenes with your device but were left with dark and noisy snapshots? Night Modes puts an end to those useless pictures and allows you to capture bright, clean and low-noise pictures by extending camera shutter speed up to one second. This is 15 times more light gathering capability compared to the Camera app! No more fiddling with filters trying to recover night shots too dark to make anything out. Furthermore, Night Modes is the perfect tool to capture fireworks, car light trails or to create spectacular night-time slow shutter effects.
• User-selectable maximum exposure time
• On-screen ISO and Exposure Time display
• Exposure and Focus lock
• Full Exif including Geo-tagging
• Volume Shutter and Self-timer
Download this unique app now. Again, no fake software effects. Only true long exposure photography!
- Exposure time can’t be forced; the camera will automatically reduce exposure time if lighting permits.
- Camera doesn’t support flash photography with extended exposure time. However, torch is available.
- Camera preview refresh rate and focus adjustment time are negatively affected by longer exposure time. It can take many seconds for the camera to adjust focus when exposure time is one second. However, locking focus will prevent camera from re-focusing.
- Maximum exposure time is limited to 1/2 second on some device models.
Full size sample images can be found here: www.cogitap.com/sampleshots.htm
What's New in Version 2.1
- New toolbar and buttons
- Support of the latest devices
- Fixed Volume Shutter issue on iOS 7
We would really appreciate if you could rate this app. Thanks!
Very disappointed that the maximum exposure time is only ½ second on an iPhone 5S
Although this app (and other apps that take time exposure pics) can take 1 second exposures with MOST iPhones, it can NOT take a 1 second exposure with Apple’s flagship iPhone 5S. On the 5S the maximum exposure time is only ½ second. This loss of exposure time forces the app to ramp up the ASA and creates much more graininess. Although not the developer’s fault it is still a very disappointing limitation of the functionality of an app designed to take photos in low light.
Makes iPhone camera much more usable.
I can take shots I wouldn't have even attempted before at night. You still need to steady the phone and it's not going to work in pitch blackness, but it's amazing what it does pick up.
It works really well in darkness. You can see the real differences in pictures taken in night using other apps comparing with this one.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 13, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cogitap Software
- © 2013 Cogitap Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.