Pokédex for iOS
By The Pokemon Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
■An official Pokédex for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad has finally arrived!
Note: This application includes Pokémon from the Unova region only.
You can purchase other regions from within the application.
Note: The information in this application is accurate for games up to and including Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2.
● Retina display support for high-definition visuals--make your 3D Pokémon move in real time!
● Packed with Pokémon data available in six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish!
● Powerful search functions! Search using any combination of conditions!
● Works on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad with a single purchase!
● Combine Pokémon from each region to make a National Pokédex!
● Supports the iPhone 5's larger screen.
*iOS 6 or later is required. Make sure your system meets the requirements before downloading.
Start with the basics, such as what the Pokémon looks like, its type, height, weight, and evolutions, and go from there to explore a rich trove of Pokémon details. You can find your Pokémon's stats, its moves, TMs you can use on it, its Abilities, all its Pokédex descriptions, where it can be found, its Egg Group, and even what type of moves are strong against it.
Starting with a full-text search, you can search and sort Pokémon not only by their names, but also by combinations of type, Egg Group, Ability, type matchup, and learnable moves. It is always easy to find the Pokémon you're looking for!
And you'll find many more ways to enjoy this app! Write memos about particular Pokémon, bookmark your favorites, or use the information to help you plan strategies for the game.
■ Pokémon Included
This Pokédex includes data for Unova region Pokémon (National Pokédex numbers 494 to 647) so you can use it to help you with Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, or Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2. Use the Store menu to purchase additional data about Pokémon from other regions.
▼Available from the Store menu in the app
Kanto region Pokédex (National Pokédex Nos. 001 to 151)
Johto region Pokédex (National Pokédex Nos. 152 to 251)
Hoenn region Pokédex (National Pokédex Nos. 252 to 386)
Sinnoh region Pokédex (National Pokédex Nos. 387 to 493)
Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad 2 or later.
Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
What's New in Version 1.2
Detailed information has been added for the Mythical Pokémon Meloetta and Genesect!
(*Purchase additional data for the other four regions from the application to see every Pokémon up to National Pokédex No. 649 in Pokédex for iOS!)
Dangle that Blasted Carrot!
Nintendo has this awesome habit of showing us some pretty amazing stuff, but then they either wait months or years to release it, or they hand us a buggy version of the thing, showing us a mere shadow of a products true glory.
This app has all the makings to be a true modernized Pokedex for the modernized gamer, however, it doesn't quite make the cut. The interface is rather disorganized and far less intuitive than it needs to be. The fact that some of the information is incomplete (I.e. where you can find pokemon in older games) is rather disheartening, especially for those super pokemon fans. The app also has trouble with re-downloading purchased packages.
Another major point is that it hasn't had an update in over a year. If people are going to sink so much money into an app, it had better be kept up to date and polished up to what they expect. Instead it was simply thrown at us in haste and they just went onto the next big thing.
Don't get me wrong, the animations and 3D modeling are absolutely beautiful the iPhone and iPad screens, and there is almost all the information one could want. But if they really want to be up to date on the abilities and disadvantages of pokemon, they are going to have to get a third party Pokedex.
All in all, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company made a grand effort, but had almost no follow through to make an amazing Pokedex. I still think they should make a physical modular pokedex like in the anime... Just saying.
A must have for pókeplayers!!
I absolutely LOVE this pókedex! I have the 3DS Pro version, which I also love, but it became inconvenient to use while playing the games on the the same handheld. This pókedex has all the wonderful graphics of the pro, but even higher quality and ease of use searching for your pókemon or moves desired. Each page gives you so many different ways to find exactly what your looking for with a tap of a single finger! It even narrows down exactly which pókemon are from certain egg groups, can learn a certain move, are a particular type, ect... I don't mind paying the extra amounts for additional regions, because on whole this app alone makes up for the majority of all my old worn out paperback pókedexes I have bought in the past! I am still anxiously awaiting the X & Y pókemon to be added and look forward to any other apps the company puts out!
To the creators: Thank you for giving us póke-fans this excellent tool and please add the Kalos region soon! There's so much info I would love to know about these new pokémon! Thanks!
Has too many problems
Let me list the problems wrong with the app:
1. No app support. That means if anything goes wrong with the app we cannot contact anyone.
2. Doesn't work for everyone. What I mean is the dlc not the app. So the extra stuff you buy may or may not work too the fullest.
3. They will not fix any bugs that are messing up the app. Meaning they made it but won't maintain it. Ie. everything breaks down eventually.
4. This relates to number 1 but it is sort of different. They have not set up an respond email system service for this app so if you have any concerned you can't do anything. The so called app support button is bogus!
5. The dlc price is sort of a problem not a big one but might as well list it under one of the problems because of number 2,3.
6. It takes up a lot of space on the device... Again not a huge concern if you like Pokemon and are willing to sacrifice some Memory.
Edit: I want my money back. Because this app isn't being updated to support the new-re devices or the ones that it was made for I have a itouch 4th gen and I can't download the other regions even though I bought them. So I want my money back.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 22, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 491 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: The Pokemon Company
- ©2012 Pokémon. ©1995-2012 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. POKÉDEX for iOS developed by Creatures Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Kanto region Pokémon$5.99
- Sinnoh region Pokémon$5.99
- Hoenn region Pokémon$5.99
- Johto region Pokémon$5.99