Bugsy in Math Kingdom
By Peapod Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bugsy in Math Kingdom is a math drill adventure game that aims to help children master basic addition and subtraction operations. We believe that drill games are beneficial because they have the potential to help kids strengthen their mental math skills, enabling them to stop using their fingers and other props to perform basic math calculations.
Math sheets and flashcards are still widely used in classrooms all over the world, and they have proven to enhance basic arithmetic skills. With Bugsy in Math Kingdom, we applied basic gaming principles to entertain, engage, and motivate students to practice math. We hope to enable children to increase their mental math speed and accuracy without them even knowing it!
- Basic Arithmetic — addition & subtraction up to 99.
- Self-Adjusting Play Speed — makes the game manageable for children with different skill levels.
- Carefully Designed Game Mechanics — playing is as easy as typing the answers to a math problem.
- Easy & Hard Game Modes — choose the right challenge based on your child's skills.
- Track Learning Progress — see how well your child is doing on each level.
- Developed By An Expert — app development process supervised by an early childhood development expert.
WHY YOUR CHILD WILL PLAY IT
- Engaging Story — a classic hero tale about rescuing the princess, with math as the only weapon.
- Cool Badges — help Bugsy earn badges by completing levels without missing any questions.
- Engaging Characters — that blue hamster does some pretty funny stuff, but the real excitement lies in the cunning enemies.
- 12 Levels — Each with its own landscape, enemies and bosses.
TRY OUR OTHER APPS
Bugsy Kindergarten Math
Bugsy Kindergarten Reading — teaches phonics, alphabet, letters & spelling
Bugsy Pre-K — fundamental skills for the younger crowd.
Peapod Labs. Connecting kids & parents.
Peapod Labs is focused on creating learning experiences both in the physical and in the virtual world. Our goal is to apply user-centered design and current technology breakthroughs to rethink existing teaching tools, methods, and techniques and come up with new innovative ones.
Your comments, feedback or questions are always welcome. Please e-mail us at email@example.com. And check out our website for more info about us. Thanks!
What's New in Version 2.0
Based on the feedback of teachers, parents and kids we are realeasing this major update.
- Added 12 more levels specially designed for first and second graders (based on The Common Core standards for math)
- Made the game more dynamic
- Added 12 awesome final bosses
- Added 24 new characters to the game
- Gave Bugsy a loyal horse
- UI redesign
- Childproof menus
Another great Bugsy game!
My five year old loves the Bugsy games and so do I. This one is very educational and cute. I would give it five stars except for a couple of things. First, I'm a little disappointed that Bugsy has been cast in the negative cliché of beating up the bad guys to save the helpless female. So many children's products are moving away from the stereotypical portrayals of good vs bad and male over female. On a technical note, it would be helpful if you could reset progress from within the game settings. When I previewed this game for my son, I had to uninstall and then reinstall to start over from the beginning. That said, this is another cute, age-appropriate, fun, and most of all very educational game starring Bugsy the hamster. My son will be delighted to practice his math skills with Bugsy!
Fun math practice
This is a great math app, fun and engaging. It is true that you can keep guessing the answers without penalty, this has an upside and a downside. It is great that there is an opportunity to try again and find the correct answer, I do wish there was a limit to how many guesses you can make. I really like the way problems are repeated to build a memory.
Can Always Guess
I was excited to see an app that had the children practice basic math facts. However, there is not any penalty for getting a problem wrong. I was able to literally hit 1, 2, 3, etc. until I got to the right answer. The only time you were penalized was when you did not guess in time. When I finished the first level, after guessing the whole time, I was able to move on to level 2 even though I did not know any facts.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 02, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 27.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peapod Labs LLC
- © Peapod Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.