WFTV Channel 9 Weather
By Cox Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Chief Meteorologist Tom Terry and WFTV Channel 9’s team of certified meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9 have produced the most accurate local weather technology available, “The WFTV Weather App.”
The 24/7 app for WFTV viewers and News 96.5 listeners is constantly updated with the latest Central Florida-area storm and forecast information. The free service even includes live coverage of Eyewitness News and the WFTV meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9.
By using the app’s built-in interactive radar, you can zoom down to your neighborhood or zoom out to check radar anywhere in the country.
Location-based Storm Alerts will signal three tones to direct you to the latest severe weather warnings, and you can watch WFTV Eyewitness News live on the app.
WFTV’s Weather app also keeps you in touch by using social media, including Facebook, Twitter and interactive uploads of your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
This Weather app focuses on complete Central Florida Weather Coverage.
**** SUMMARY of iPad Features ****
• One of a kind swipe carousel navigation
• Accurate weather tools that display hourly, five- and seven-day forecast
• Storm alerts: audible tones warning you of pending danger
• Up- to-date video forecasts from Severe Weather Center 9
• Interactive social technology that keeps you in touch with the WFTV weather team
• Channel 9 Eyewitness News broadcasts streamed live every day.
• Live streaming Early Warning Doppler 9HD Radar
• Multi-city forecasting keeps you alerted to Severe Weather in loved ones locations.
**** SUMMARY of iPhone FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Audio forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for 6 of the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Additional items added seasonally
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for $4.99. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 2.7.4
Fixes a crash on the video screen for iPad users on iOS 7.1
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 17, 2014
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Media Group, Inc
- © 2012 Cox Media Group, Inc. and Weather Decision Technologies. Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Alerts Package$4.99