FINAL FANTASY IV
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"FINAL FANTASY IV" has finally come to the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad!
The title first debuted in 1991 as the fourth installment in the FINAL FANTASY series. Wildly popular thanks to its unique characters and dramatic storylines, it went on to be ported to many different platforms.
FINAL FANTASY IV was the first title to introduce the Active Time Battle (ATB) system, which has become synonymous with the series. It also saw the introduction of the Augment system, which enabled the transfer of abilities from other characters and gave players an edge in battles.
This iconic title is packed with other amazing features.
- Voice acting for event scenes
Key events unfold with spoken dialogue.
- Deeply emotional portrayals
Characters go through visibly apparent emotional changes.
- A brand new mapping feature
Players start with a completely blank dungeons map, adding an element of the unknown to the mix!
Players can listen to the game's music anytime they want.
Stripped of his command after questioning the king, the dark knight Cecil, captain of the Red Wings airship brigade, is dispatched to the distant Valley of Mist together with Kain, his sworn comrade and commander of the Dragoons.
And so begins the epic never-before-told tale of the legendary Crystals.
iOS Version Features
- Brand new 3D graphics, including backgrounds, and revamped events.
- Game difficulty has been adjusted for improved playability.
- Game Center support and plenty of achievements to be earned.
- iPhone 5 compatibility.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Support for the following languages has been added:
Fixed minor bugs
Game is working fine
I had the Nintendo DS version of this game and really loved it. The game and the DS version it is based off of are much more challenging than the original versions of FFIV and have also added additional customization options through the Augment system. Fortunately for anyone who wants to enjoy this game and not worry as much about the difficultly, they've implemented a choice of difficulty modes: "Hard" is the DS version's difficulty, to my understanding, while "Normal" tones it down a bit if you aren't up for that.
Now, when I saw that this game was on 50% off sale, I hesitated because a bunch of the reviews out there since the update were reporting the app not working or things crashing, which made me hesitant. But after asking around elsewhere, I decided to take the chance and found that I did not experience any problems personally. Everything works fine for me.
Its just unfortunate that some of the other reviewers have had problems. I'm guessing that these problems are actually rarer than the reviews would seem to indicate. Its just that in the rare cases that something like that WOULD happen, people will be far more motivated to write a review to complain. So this creates a bit of a "sampling bias", to use a technical term.
The game is very much worth the purchase price (even more so now that it is on sale)….consider what it cost for the DS originally….
Decent port of the DS version of the game. A few things bother me about it, though:
1. After playing the iOS version of FFIV: The After Years, the battle animations in this seem painfully slow/long. Speeding up the battle speed helps a little bit, but it doesn’t change the length of the animations themselves(waiting a solid half a minute for 4 monsters to cast spells at you is ridiculous). The Healing Staff “item” effect is a perfect example of this. It would be nice if there was a setting to speed up the animations, or simply have shorter battle animations. Considering the fact that random encounters happen so often, this all adds up quite a bit.
As a related side-note, it would be nice if Auto-Battle also sped up the battle speed like it does in some of the other iOS FF games(After Years and I believe Dimensions do this).
2. The battle menus are a bit tedious. Battle menus in The After Years are much better. Scrolling through the menus in this doesn’t respond like it should and extends the time it takes to select a command. This makes a difference even in “Wait” Battle Mode as the Active Time continues to run until you enter a command’s submenu or are selecting a target.
3. As many mentioned, Cloud storage support for saves would be nice. A lot of people are using multiple devices these days… Even if they don’t want to use iCloud, they could let you export a save file which you could e-mail to yourself or something.
Must have for FF fans
This is a beautifully remastered version of one of my all-time favorite games. The gameplay is smooth, and the enhanced graphics make it a great pleasure to revisit. The added audio in the cutscenes is also a very nice touch.
As for the game itself, very rarely will you find something this complete. The story, music and character development make this one of the most engaging RPG's that has ever been assembled. They just don't make them like this anymore. If you remember this one from the old SNES days, do yourself a favor and pick it up!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 28, 2013
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 450 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1991,2012 SQUARE ENIX CO.,LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : 1991,2012 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.