By InterAre, PT
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Writing is a job, a talent, but it's also the place to go in your head. It is the imaginary friend you drink your tea with in the afternoon.”
― Ann Patchett
Matcha is an all-new writing app designed to make writing easy and fun in a relaxing, peaceful writing environment that’s simple and enjoyable. Matcha doesn’t get in your way. It gives you the room to do just what you want to do: “Write”.
With a new, intuitive extra keyboard bar, Matcha makes writing and formatting your rich or plain text easier than ever. And integration with the Fleksy keyboard and improved support for external Bluetooth keyboards lets you type how YOU want to type. Matcha is like a good tea: simple at first, but with a wealth of flavor and intricacy just beyond the first sip.
Matcha gives you
—uncluttered, clean workspace
—WYSIWYG. Markdown text processor
—a number of sharing options
—12 themes and 5 typefaces
—reliable iCloud & Dropbox sync
—write faster and accurately with Fleksy keyboard powered by patent pending technology
and much more. To see a list of all the features, or to learn more about Matcha, visit www.interare.com.
Matcha takes its inspiration from your favorite brew. You just sit down, relax, and enjoy it. Download Matcha and experience a new kind of writing—one that’s easy to use, peaceful, and gives you space to be creative.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
// This latest update contains bug fixing and bring minor improvement to Matcha.
Matcha 2.0 (formerly Wisdom Writer) is now coming with all new design, incredibly easy to use, and much more powerful in a simple and beautiful interface.
## User Interface
- All new UI design and experience.
- Clean and uncluttered workspace.
- 12 new themes in light and dark mode: Normal, Sakura, Earth, Ocean, Matcha, and Moccachino.
- 5 typefaces: Normal, Monospace, Sans, Classic, and Typewriter.
- New line spacing options.
- Faster and smoother UI.
- New smart extra keyboard bar which thoughtfully designed to optimize writing and editing with iPad and iPhone.
- 3 new extra keyboard selections: punctuation, editing, and inserting.
- New ‘Text’ style menu to work easier with text formatting.
- Create headings, lists, block quote, indent, and outdent easier with new ‘Paragraph’ control.
- New ‘Edit’ button let you select, cut, copy, and paste text much easier and faster.
- New ‘Hyperlink’ key let you create, open, remove, and edit hyperlink much easier.
- Quotation marks (“ ”,‘ ’) and brackets “( ),[ ]” are getting smarter.
- Copy and paste text from Safari and Mail app will now keep all headings, lists, links, and formatting.
- External keyboard support that matches desktop experience.
## Universal search, favorites, and file properties
- Access favorite documents, recent opened list, and universal search just by tapping on title bar.
- Manage file properties by tapping on ‘i’ button
- Search any files on local, iCloud, and any Dropbox folders.
- Full document search in all downloaded files.
## Dropbox and iCloud sync
- Reliable Dropbox and iCloud sync.
- Automatic and real time scan of all Dropbox files.
- Automatic DropBox file synchronization (realtime update).
## Fleksy keyboard integration
- Write faster & accurately using Fleksy keyboard powered by patent pending technology
- Matcha UI blend beautifully with Fleksy keyboard.
- New Sharing center to easily email, print, copy, and open in other app in plain markdown text, formatted text, PDF, RTF or HTML.
Such an improvement
Over the last few years, it seems like 9 out of 10 apps have come out with a "major update" that: A) removes the most popular aspects while introducing a slew of trendy, unnecessary features; B) shifts to a style-over-substance approach; and C) abandons even the most fundamental usability principles. The result: bloated, resource-hogging apps with cryptic interfaces and counterintuitive navigation. It's as if some developers just forgot to include the end user in their plan/strategy.
THAT SAID... I'm very happy to report that this app does NOT fall into that horrible category.
I've downloaded / tried at least 45-50 different text editor apps over the years. If you do even a moderate amount of writing (whether it's for notes, blog drafts, email drafts, etc) but have never tried this app, I can attest that it's definitely worth giving it a shot. And if you (like me) owned Wisdom Writer but didn't use it that much because other text editors were better — then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this "Matcha" name change & update.
If it's any indication of quality: in my folder of 16 writing / text util apps, I had WW in the 11th slot (screen 2). After installing this update, I've moved it to the 2nd slot (and may even make it my go-to app after testing it some more).
Well done, devs.
Now that I'm navigating around the new version better I'm finding it's mostly a good program for what I use it for: jotting down and editing song lyrics. Although the line spacing is improved, I would appreciate a single-space choice that looks like this review line spacing. It's hard to fit an entire song lyric on one page with the current configuration. I have to scroll in the middle of playing a song, and that's annoying. Perhaps if you added a scrolling option? Also, sometimes when I haven't written anything for a while, half the work disappears and there doesn't seem to be something to press to bring it back. I discovered I have to close the program completely, re-open then select what I was working on and it re-appears. Haven't lost anything yet thank goodness! Like I said, mostly good. Keep working to make it better.
Love the app!
I've been using this app for over a few months now, I think. This is the best writing app I've seen so far. I get to organize all of my folders and the improvement made on the app is really nice. I didn't quite like the color of the keyboard before when in night mode, but now I find the themes really pleasant. So far, the only thing I couldn't find is the word count that was in the precious version. Is it still available on the app or altogether gone?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 26, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: InterAre, PT
- © Interare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.