By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create beautiful movies on the go with YouTube Capture 2.0. Start recording in a snap, then edit and share videos of any length right from your phone.
* Capture the moment: Start recording instantly
* Stitch together an unlimited number of clips as you build your story
* Trim and rearrange clips right from your phone
* Add a soundtrack from your music collection or YouTube’s audio library
* Touch up videos with color correction and stabilization
* Upload to YouTube and share on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter - all in one step
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Great app but has some kinks (not bugs)
I love this app for what it does, but I have some qualms with the way it does it. If you leave the app for too long (and a minute or two is too long), when you come back it'll kick you back to the front screen and make you click through to wherever you last were. And this is just when multitasking between apps. It makes sense if the app was being closed and restarted. I want it to take me back to wherever I was if I'm just switching between apps.
Also, I don't like how the most recent update will pause uploads, à la Dropbox, when you're not active in the app. I would like to queue a bunch of videos to upload and leave the app to do something else without having to reopen it every two minutes or so when it pauses.
I'd also like if I could change the default video stabilization to 'off.'
The app provides a great service, it's just got some attributes that don't work well with my workflow.
Actually Really Good
I know this app gets a lot of crap for its kinks but it is actually a very nice app. If you use it right.
1) Use another app to edit. Like iMovie or cute cut. Capture can't do everything.
2) when uploading, set your screen to never lock. Just like any iOS app, after 20 seconds in the background, the app goes into standby. Just leave it open and it will upload
3) the stabilization and color correction are actually options, and you can turn them off. Just keep scrolling down from the description when you're uploading and you'll find their toggles right below the share options.
This app really deserves another look, cause its really not that bad at all. All I do wish they would add is a scheduled upload option. That's been around for a while now.
Doesn't work. Terrible.
I have been trying to upload a video for 24 hours. 2 minute one. Even a 30 second one. It uploads it over and over again and it's like this crazy frustrating cycle of annoyance.
It goes uploads (on wifi and cell and either or) and gets all the way to 100% then flashes "finishing", then just goes back to starting upload over, and 1% again. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, different videos, it just keeps going all day and night. On fact it ran out my gig of data last night (I had no idea until I got a text) cause it just kept uploading the same video over and over again. But the video isn't ever on the channel. It's terrible this thing is glitchtastic.
I usually love google. If this is google but this is terrible. Plus I've tried to just use the desktop version on my phone to upload it but now THIS APP is the only way to upload a video from a device. And it doesn't work, like at all. And the worst part is there's no other options for this.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2013 YouTube, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.