ASL Everyday Phrases - American Sign Language by Selectsoft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn over 100 useful ASL phrases fast! ASL Everyday Phrases is a convenient and fun way to learn signing essentials for everyday use. Quickly find phrases in 9 practical categories, including money, time, weather, the classroom, home and more. Learn by watching the video demos, then use the flash card and quiz settings to see how much you've learned! Plus, there's no need to download additional content. This video phrasebook is great for learners of all levels, with simple controls and easy navigation.
• Fast, easy-to-use interface makes it simple to find and play specific words and phrases
• Quickly swipe through videos and tap to play
• Practice in flash card mode or test your vocabulary with text or video quizzes
• Play ASL Everyday Phrases wherever and whenever you are—it's the perfect way to learn on the go!
What's New in Version 1.1
Play ASL Everyday Phrases wherever and whenever you are—it's the perfect way to learn on the go!
Real Life Speed
Where some users complain about the speed at which the phrases are signed, I appreciate the fact that the signing is done in a way that you might see in the real world. It does help to have some previous ASL experience, but it's very helpful to see just how quickly certain words are signed in a sentence and with such slight emphasis, words like "yesterday" and "love" for instance. This really helps train your brain to catch these words when used by skilled signers.
Video of signs too fast
Good features. Easy to navigate. Flash cards and quiz game very cool and enjoyable to study with. I wish their was a way to slow the video signing down... Like SLOW SPEED, MEDIUM SPEED and NORMAL SPEED. The current video signing speed can be a tad blurry at times and hard to follow and learn. Still pictures would be nice too. Under settings... Video loop is good to turn on!!!! Thanks
Good, but Limited
The ASL here is very accurate compared to what I see from deaf friends. However:
- The app does not have much content for the price.
- personally, I would like a more exact translation from ASL to English. Example: Below "What is the temperature today?", the app could include "Today temperature what?" This helps me think more in ASL rather than English.
- The app needs (1) function to slow a video and (2) Landscape mode.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 19, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 42.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MPS Multimedia, Inc
- © 2012 Selectsoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.