Mile IQ - Free Mileage Tracker & Log for Business
By Mobile Data Labs Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest and most accurate way to track miles. MileIQ users save an average of $6,900 per year!
MileIQ keeps track of miles for taxes or business purposes, or for any reason that requires a mileage log. This free app is the best mileage tracker for iPhone because it automatically logs drives and calculates mileage value.
Accurately Track Every Mile
Every time you drive your car, MileIQ can track your miles so that you can report them on your business log or taxes. Some MileIQ customers benefit from an increase in the total miles logged and they enjoy being able to write off more expenses. MileIQ is always on, meaning that you get peace of mind having a tracker that is accurate to the mile and working to protect your budget.
Tracking Business Miles
If you have to track business miles for work, consider that each mile you drive in your car is worth 53.5 cents in tax deductions or expense reimbursement. When you keep a manual mileage log, you have to remember to write your miles down and keep track of all of your paperwork. MileIQ is an easy mileage tracker that works for you without you having to do much of anything.
Think about the following:
• If you use your car for business and drive 1,000 miles, you can claim an annual mileage deduction of $535 (1,000 miles times the standard mileage rate of 53.5 cents).
• Drive 10,000 miles per year for business, in your own vehicle? Your standard mileage deduction is $5,350.
What does the average MileIQ customer log for mileage deductions? About $6,900. How much do you log? What if you could log more, just by downloading a simple miles tracker?
Automate Miles and Expenses
Many of our customers love MileIQ for iPhone because it helps them automate their lives. Who wouldn’t want to make things easier, especially tracking of expenses, which is not fun to begin with?
With MileIQ, you don’t have to fill out any forms, install a separate GPS, or wonder how you’re going to keep track of all of your tracking. You simply need to download what is one of the best free apps in the iTunes store, and then enjoy the many things there are to do in life besides logging miles for taxes or business.
The MileIQ app comes the with the following free features:
• Log every drive (in your personal or business vehicle) automatically
• Categorize drives as personal or business
• Classify the drives you track regularly as common
• Receive personalized miles logs and tracking reports
• Built-in GPS to accurately log drives down to partial miles
40 Free Drives Every Month
MileIQ is free for your first 40 drives every month, forever. Upgrade to unlimited drives for $5.99/month recurring or $59.99/year recurring.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. MileIQ has been designed to limit iOS GPS usage and as a result uses a nominal amount of battery power.
• Help Center: https://support.mileiq.com
• Website: http://www.mileiq.com
• Blog: http://www.mileiq.com/blog
• Twitter: twitter.com/mileiq
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/mileiq
• LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/mileiq
• Terms of Service: https://www.mileiq.com/terms
Download MileIQ today to get one of the top free apps for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
What's New in Version 1.11.0
Minor enhancements and fixes.
Pretty Good; App Needs More Access to Recorded Events
The app works pretty well so far. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to look back at logged drives to extract information such as mileage or travel time from within the app. It should also be possible to reclassify a drive from within the app. One has to log in the MileIQ website to do these things. That shouldn't be necessary. When adding a missed drive, that has to be done from the website and addresses must be entered as it won't recognize a user-defined name such as Home, Work, etc. Another issue is that you can't have two distinct locations too close to each other and assign them both unique names even if you choose create instead of replace. Only one name will survive. Finally, the dashboard is awkward on a mobile device. If this were freeware, these shortcomings might be acceptable, but for $60 purchase, they aren't. None of these seem to be difficult fixes, so maybe they're in the works for the next update.
This app is very convenient and easy to use. I no longer need to write down every address I drive to-it automatically saves the address forever once you type in the specific address after it pops up as a trip. This is NICE!
The only negative is I am still not sure how to go back and edit my trip. For example, I have accidentally swiped to the left, classifying a drive as personal when I should have swiped to the right for business. When this happens I just make a note to myself when I submit my travel expenses to add it in manually on my travel claim for work.
Every month (or however you want) you are able to have an excel document with all your travels send directly to your email.
There are much more pros to this app than cons for sure-I am glad I made this purchase!!!
It Gets the Job Done
I like the app. It gets the job done. I just wish it had some crucial features that I feel a mileage tracker app should have. One thing that I just find mysterious is why I cannot select a location on the map; I have to type in an address. Quite often I travel to temporary work sites that do not have addresses such as highways or expressways. This problem only occurs if I travel to a place that is not directly on my way home or to the temporary work site such as making a pitstop somewhere like picking up groceries. The IRS does not allow you to deduct those additional miles. So I have to delete this trip and manually add a new trip with the corrected info to overcome this problem. It also needs a start tracker feature like other mileage tracker apps have. However, I do like the categories that this app provides.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 1.11.0
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Data Labs Inc.
- © Mobile Data Labs 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- MileIQ Mileage Tracker$5.99
- MileIQ Mileage Tracker$59.99