Geography Drive USA - The map traveling fact and trivia game
By Spinlight Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Gold Parents' Choice Award Winner
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award Winner
• Featured on Fox News Gizmos and Gadgets
• Featured in USA Today and the Washington Post
• 50 Fab Apps for Teachers — Scholastic
• 12 Best Children's Educational Apps — Teachers With Apps
• The No. 1 Recommended Geography Game in Apple's Education Collection
• Featured in Apple's Apps for Elementary School
"A definite must-have!"
-Parents' Choice Foundation
"This stellar app turns learning about all 50 states into an engaging travel game."
- USA Today
Hit the gas and head out on the highway in the fact-packed game that turns textbook geography into an exciting cross-country adventure for the entire family. Answer challenging questions to unlock the airports and fuel stations you need to win. Or take a chance on a bonus delivery and earn the cash to upgrade your ride. But whatever you do, keep one eye on your fuel, because the bottom of the tank means the end of the road in the awesome cross-country adventure from the makers of Operation Math.
HAVE FUN LEARNING:
• The shapes, capitals, nicknames, postal abbreviations, flags, key symbols and more for all 50 U.S. states.
• National rivers, mountains, parks and time zones, important trails and railroads, and major U.S. cities and attractions
* Important landmarks, movements and key moments in US history.
* Trophies and upgradable cars that motivate game play.
• Engaging game play that makes social studies fun and helps kids prepare for a pop quiz or test.
• The ability to track and score three different players.
• A fun, game-based newspaper with headlines that change to recognize player achievements.
• A visitor center packed with 50 state brochures and maps that encourage learning.
• 600 state and national geography questions.
BONUS GAMES: Visit the state fair to take the State Capital and State Shape challenges. Or fly to Hawaii and try your hand at the Honolulu State Spelling Bee. Geography Drive comes with four bonus games included.
VISITOR CENTER: Drop by the Visitor Center in between games to brush up on your state facts or check out a large collection of national and regional maps. Here, you'll find everything you need to know to improve your performance on the road, including the following facts for every state:
• State capital
• State flag
• State nickname
• State tree
• State bird
• And much more
TROPHIES AND HEADLINES: There are over 16 different trophies waiting to be claimed and displayed in your personal trophy case. And the biggest achievements are recognized in the Geography Drive Newspaper for all other players to see.
CUSTOMIZATION AND UPGRADES: The more you earn, the more you can do in your personal garage, whether that means upgrading your car or adding a custom paint job. Geography Drive can keep track of three different players, and each one can customize their garage sign for free, with color, type and fun logos.
BEYOND THE STATES: In addition to 500 state trivia questions, there are 100 national geography questions designed to test your knowledge of rivers, oceans, time zones, major cities, landmarks, major geographic regions and more. You'll even find a few major historical events thrown in, just to keep you on your toes. All in one fun, integrated game.
Our Child-Safety Pledge.
Geography Drive USA contains:
• No third-party ads
• No social network links
• No easy web access
• No in-app purchases
There's more to explore.
See Spinlight.com to see the full line of great games for home and the classroom, including Operation Math — winner of the Parents' Choice Award.
What's New in Version 1.06
- Fixed a couple of bugs
- Honolulu Spelling Bee now displays correct spelling for missed words
- Revised layouts for the State Shape and State Capital games
Designed for children, but as a parent you can not let the children alone game, but to accompany their children around, constantly to guide and educate children through the game to get the kids to understand the significance of these games themselves.
i disnt see a triva game like this
i was hooked by the creativity in this game ! love the idea of being able to travel from place to place ! kids love this and enoy it more and more !
also the big amount of infos given in this game is great !
well done for kids !
Because this work is designed for children, so each part of the game is very simple, the process is simple, but in which you can let the kids learn a lot of knowledge and understanding of the many items.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 07, 2014
- Version: 1.06
- Size: 77.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spinlight Studio
- © Spinlight Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.