The Nativity Story - Popup Deluxe Edition
By Puddle Tap Publishing Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“This is a really gorgeous storybook app!”
Sarah Emerling - www.FunEducationalApps.com
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! SPECIAL 50% DISCOUNT!
The Bible story of the first Christmas is retold with a fun, interactive and magical approach for children ages 3-8. This beautifully-illustrated eBook is inspired by vintage pop-up books, giving kids lots of opportunities to interact. Children will love the characters and the story. Parents and grandparents will love its nostalgic style, as they share together the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.
ABOUT THE STORY
Where will baby Jesus be born? At the market? At a restaurant? At the inn? Readers follow Joseph and Mary on their search for a place to stay in Bethlehem. Along the way they encounter a variety of colorful local people and animals.
WHY KIDS LOVE THIS APP
• It's like a vintage pop-up book, with classic woodcut-style illustrations.
• By tapping and swiping, kids can help Joseph and Mary find a place to stay.
• Knock on doors... Pull on the rope... Ring the bell... Open windows... Make people talk...
• Create music! Help a band of angels play their instruments.
• Lots of characters to get to know: Innkeeper, Merchant, Shepherds, Chef, A Band of Actors, Neighbourhood Children, Mary's Donkey, Farm Animals and of course... Angels!
• Funny sound effects and character voices!
WHY PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS LOVE THIS APP
• Nostalgia. It feels like a classic pop-up book, bringing back memories for parents and grandparents.
• Optional Narration: Listen to the old-timey narrator tell the story, or read the story yourself.
• EXTRA Feature: After the story, explore the original Bible text that tells the Nativity Story.
• Amazing Visual Quality: Support for retina display
• A fun and appealing way to share the original Story of Christmas with the next generation.
AND THERE'S MORE...
• This App Makes A Great Present! You can send this story as a gift to someone you love.
• Now includes professional narration and text in 3 languages:
English - The Nativity Story
French - Récit de la Nativité
Spanish - Historia de Navidad
“If you are looking for an interactive, high quality storybook app to explain the story of Jesus' birth, then we have a new top pick for you. ”
• Sarah Emerling - www.FunEducationalApps.com
“The animation is top notch. The music and sound effects fit the story perfectly. The narration is beautifully done. Overall, this is a great addition to your eBook collection that the entire family will enjoy discovering together.”
• Kevin McNeese - www.ChristianiPhoneApps.com
“...the right amount of interactivity to keep children entertained, focused and engaged.”
• Amy Solomon - www.GiggleApps.com
“Readers young and old will find themselves drawn into this traditional story and will want to read it again and again during the holiday season.”
• Kevin McNeese - www.ChristianiPhoneApps.com
Share the Nativity Story with the next generation and remind them what Christmas is all about.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
• Improved animations
• Minor graphic updates
• Additional interactivity
First off, the idea of a vintage-feel electronic pop-up book is just something that has to be seen. It worked. The app feels very much like an old-time pop-up book, but even better as you can't tear the little tabs, or ruin the pop-ups.
Charming woodcut-feel illustrations. Available in English, French and Spanish, so my kids can practice their Spanish too!
Love that it can be read to you, or you can read it yourself.
And then you get in and actually interact, and not only do you have people popping out of windows, but you have some of the slide-y types of pop-ups too, with a brother/sister chasing each other.
Then you have the "app" part as well -- to make the story move along, you "knock" on doors, "tap" on windows, "pull" bell pulls. You press little speech buttons to have the characters interact. And there are occasional other fun things, like being able to toss the chicken crates up in the air a bit like dice.
Very fun, and I think applicable to more than just ages 2-8.
Fun for kids of all ages
This is a fun interactive app for kids to show the Nativity Story and help them see what Christmas is all about. Children can follow along in the story as Mary & Joseph travel by donkey to find a place to stay so Mary can have her baby. When all the rooms are full, what are they going to do?
Although the interactive app is fun for kids of all ages, it is not biblically correct, so as long as parents or grandparents don't expect the story to be told as the Scriptures tell it, this is a fun app for kids. My youngest loves moving the donkey around on the page, nodding it's head, opening doors and windows and hearing the conversations of the people on each "page" of the "book." The fun interactions are great for children to help keep their attention and show how fun it can be to read books even ebooks. I love that there are two choices - read it yourself - or "read to me" for children who can not yet read it themselves. Such a great app for this Holiday Season.
Colorful, Interactive and Awesome!
This App is colorful, interactive and tells a great story - that of Jesus' birth. The illustrations have a pop-up book feel to it which gives it real character and lends to the story. The whole story is set to rhyme which my kids loved. Not only can you read or listen to the story itself but there are tons of interactive opportunities woven throughout. Red boxes will appear next to characters - when pushed they will make additional comments or ask and answer questions to other characters. Windows can be opened, ropes can be pulled, the donkey can be moved with the swipe of your hand and so much more. And I love the band of angels at the end. You can choose which angels and their instruments are playing during the song Noel. In short, your whole family will enjoy this one, truly unique.
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 13, 2013
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 371 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Puddle Tap Publishing Ltd.
- © Puddle Tap Publishing Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.