English-Spanish Verb Conjugator
By Word Magic Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 50% discount for a limited time ***
WORKS OFFLINE - Unique Double Conjugator App displays Spanish conjugations together with their exact English counterparts for over 11,000 verbs. Guaranteed you have never seen this educational, exclusive feat before! The app handles 17 tenses, plus you can type in an already-conjugated verb and the app will de-conjugate it to get the infinitive. Works offline except for the pronunciation feature.
Also, it shows 12 types of verbs and a brief and clear explanation for each of them, including the subject and direct object they use, if any, and other useful information. The search can be from Spanish to English or from English to Spanish, and there are many more options, as shown in the list below:
· Conjugations in 17 different tenses (conjugates and de-conjugates).
· There are 12 verb types and a brief explanation of each, with information on the subject and direct object they use, if any.
· Indicates whether the verbs are regular or irregular, and provides guideline examples.
· 9,000+ different Spanish verbs with over 11,000 meanings (simple one-word verbs).
· 7,000+ different English verbs with over 11,000 meanings (one-word verbs and also phrasal verbs).
· Has a pronunciation feature for pronouncing in both Spanish and English (works only online).
· Spanish can be pronounced in American or European Spanish, and English in American or British English (works only online).
· Works offline (except for the pronunciation feature, which works only online).
· You can list your Favorites, your History, and share by email.
· Options to choose from: Font, Font size, Voices (male or female options), Theme.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
* New formal mode.
* Various bug fixes.
Another reviewer mentioned the search/navigation issues with precision, so read that review for one complaint I'd have.
The other major complaint is that there is absolutely no study or game mode. I was hoping to switch to this app from ConjuVerb (which has an excellent organization for setting up games for yourself, but lacks pronunciation), but I don't even think I'll use this app, which is just full of conjugation lists I could almost just as easily look up online.
Also, since some verbs are given the same definitions as other synonymous verbs with no subtleties mentioned, and since some conjugations end up with the same definition (in different tenses/conjugations) but the only clue as to the difference is the obscure grammatical title of the type of conjugation, I feel like most non-interactive books provide better help than this app currently does. The only advantage this app has over ConjuVerb and Spanish verb books is that it will pronounce words for you (why it gets two stars from me as opposed to one), but since Spanish is almost entirely phonetic anyway, this advantage is far outweighed by the disadvantages presented by it being basically just searchable lists (y nada más).
Life saving verbs
Verbs are the heart of communication. This app makes finding verbs easy but the best part is all the conjugating it helps with. You can see imperfect or preterite verbs by just swiping through the various forms. It also pronounces words which helps with proper memorization. Great app
I can't describe how great the application is, I improved all my spanish communication skills using it and I feel like a boss, hope you can develop a dictionary like it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 16, 2013
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Word Magic Software Ltda.
- © 2013 Word Magic Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.