By Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wh-Questions Island was developed by a certified speech and language pathologist for children to practice auditory comprehension and verbal expression by answering wh-questions.
Children will have fun playing the colorful animated board game and earning rewards while practicing wh-questions with real -life photos.
Wh-Questions Island includes two activity types: flashcard and the board game
Wh-Questions Island includes both receptive and expressive language tasks.
In receptive task, children listen to wh-questions and select the correct answer when given three choices. In the expressive task, children verbally answer wh-questions.
Wh-Questions Island offers 480 wh-questions:
- What questions (e.g. “What do you buy in the toy store? “) - 80 questions organized into four sets
- Where questions (e.g. “Where does a fireman work?”) - 80 questions organized into four sets
- Who questions (e.g. “Who is your best friend?”) - 80 questions organized into four sets
- When questions (e.g. “When do you go to the doctor?”) - 80 questions organized into four sets
- Why questions (e.g. “Why do you wear a helmet?”) - 80 questions organized into four sets
- How questions (e.g. “How do you help your parents?”) - 80 questions organized into four sets
Wh-Questions Island is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools to perform the following tasks:
-enter multiple students
-save selected goals for next sessions
-select auto-scoring for receptive task
-select alternate counts for multiple students
-enable or disable written picture descriptions
-use audio recording feature
-track correct and incorrect responses
-view reports in table and graphical forms
-e-mail results at the end of the game
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Improved “More Apps” page.
Great app, needs a few tweaks
My speech/language students in 3rd are really enjoying using this app. The teacher can also adjust whether it is a receptive or expressive activity. There is a record but I can't figure out how to go back later and listen to responses. I would like to see more diversity reflected in the faces of the avatars for kids to choose. The report section tells you which skill the student completed, but doesn't say if it was receptive or expressive. I really, really need this for records. Please make that change.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- © Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.