Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.5
• New MiniSampler to create own instruments in a snap
• 5 MiniSampler piano factory instruments based on HALion Sonic
• 16 Allen Morgan MiniSampler factory drum kits paired with 128 song-oriented MIDI patterns
• iOS 64-bit mode support (for supported iOS devices)
• Audiobus SDK 2.1.6
• New “Smear” demo song project
For the complete list of improvements and user reported problems solved please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Amazing functionality on iOS,
I was looking for am iPad app (DAW) to create simple backing tracks and play along live with my Yamaha P255 stage piano and this fits the bill nicely. Runs very well on my iPad mini 2 and the tracks created play back thru the P255,s built in speakers making for a nice live performance experience. I have more sophisticated desktop DAW programs but was looking for the portability convenience here and I found Cubasis extremely accommodating". I highly recommend it
Thank you Steinberg! The keyboard sampler is beautiful and quick to set up. That addition alone changes everything in regard to sound quality vs CPU/RAM restrictions, especially for users with outdated iPads.
For sample-heavy musicians this means basically a new app, offering new workflow strategies and a huge amount of features with improved stability. Worth the premium price. Bravo Cubasis!
Complete waste of time and money
This app is nothing but a consistent string of bugs, backed by condescending customer support. The MIDI sequencing and editing are way off and work at random. It barely records MIDI from an external source as it works half the time at most. To top it off, their customer support will treat you as though you know nothing about recording or DAWS, and give no viable options for trouble shooting and say if you don't like it to get a refund. Just a train wreck of an app. Don't be fooled by their videos that make it look so great. It is all PR and advertising for the fact this app is trash.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 1.9.5
- Size: 529 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99