Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.32.1
• Bug fixes
Used to love this app
Don't like to recent changes that force me on to toll roads even when it does not save time!! Will force me to use another app! I've always felt that this app was far superior to the one that comes preloaded on my iPhone, so I for years I have taken the time to manually type in the address versus taking the shortcut that goes directly to the iPhone maps. (I wish the iPhone would allow me to choose the map of my choice but that's another issue) lately however I've noticed that Google maps will navigate me onto the express lanes (Toll roads) that run parallel to the highways even when there is not any additional traffic on the main highways. The App will show me options to take other routes, but it will not offer me the option to take the parallel non-toll road. Why is the app adamant about forcing me onto toll roads? Are you getting kickbacks?
App forgets my route
I've always liked Google maps, and most of the features are useful and work well. But now the app stops giving me directions if I stray from my route for any amount of time and I don't have a data connection. For instance, if I pull off a rest stop for two minutes and get right back on the highway, it suddenly has no clue what I should do next or how many miles until my next turn, merge, etc. It does, however, know exactly where I am and still have my route highlighted. It just loses all powers of calculation. This isn't particularly useful, as I need to be watching the road, not staring at my phone wondering how much farther until my next turn. Older versions didn't have this issue. My entire route was automatically saved locally and once I got back on it the app picked up right where it left off. I frequently drive through rural areas, so this issue is kind of a dealbreaker.
An Innovative Feature
Google Maps is a world view and an expression of wholeness of life. It presents to us the multidimensional aspects of life and living including what we can do to enrich and to improve things at each corner of our planet. Google Maps has a comprehensive schematic of dynamics of life and an implicit and helpful dialogue with people through people. Google Maps is a discovery and learning tool and an innovative feature which will never stop expanding and reaching out for perfection.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 12, 2017
- Version: 4.32.1
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.