By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.12.0
• Easily add new and missing businesses from the sidebar
• Spoken traffic alerts in Navigation tell you about congestion and incidents on your route and traffic descriptions give you a summary of traffic before you drive
• Bug fixes
Ruining a previously great app.
The most recent upgrade is a moronic failure to do exactly that. Primarily in that the actual Map part has had its total display space reduced in useful map area. Instead, you now get a bar which allows you to accidentally switch to a bus or bike route while you're trying to navigate a busy downtown interchange on the highway; not a feature ANYONE wanted. Who is riding a bike or driving and needs to quickly switch between the two routing options? You're either doing one or the other. That waste of screen space is actively problematic. Additionally, the routing space is widened beyond what is necessary and doesn't retract into the screen after the route has been determined. I know where I'm going, I don't need to have it actively on the screen to remind me of the end address. The previous design was great. The new one is a moronic failure and needs to be rectified immediately. Please ensure that future upgrades actually improve the product and don't make useless changes for the sake of making changes.
Still Awful, Uses Tracked GPS Locations Unethically and Possibly Unlawfully
Takes forever to start up, still crashes randomly, loses your location when walking ALL THE TIME, sometimes loses location driving, switches directions all the time and tells you that you are going the wrong way when you are going the right way and HERE'S THE KICKER:
I am an app developer working for a big software company called Axure and understand the structure of apps. After monitoring the network traffic of this app I have found that it actually TRACKS your location at all times that the app is on and records your specific locations throughout the day, keeps it on record, and then uses that information to guess where you will be going in the future. This app is stalking you at all times and so is Google.
You are better off using Waze until Google begins tracking that too.
Thee best map i have had the pleasure of using!!!
This message goes personally to not only the apps store but to GOOGLE themselves!!! Guys words just cannot explain how user friendly, informative and precise the google maps application really is. While job hunting In the last year and a half I found myself LOST many, many time and thank god with the Google maps I found myself back on track. A big THANK YOU goes out to GOOGLE themselves! Apple you don't stand behind.. No you do not the iPhone (no matter what model) is the best cellular phone I have ever used and gladly now own. I love you both very much. Your number one fan Eduardo Soto
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 04, 2015
- Version: 4.12.0
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.