Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.24.0
• Order from food delivery services (limited availability based on country)
• Streamlined taking and adding photos of places from inside Google Maps
• Easily find plus codes by dropping a pin anywhere in the world
• Bug fixes
With the previous version, with ONE tap on the 3 dots at the bottom of the screen we were able to quickly "show traffic" on our route or "hide traffic" view. Anytime you give a driver a one tap option for such an important key function, you're keeping the them (and others) safer on the road. Now with the new version, while in route, you have to tap on "menu", then tap "settings" which gives you a drop-down menu, then (again, all while driving) your eyes have to search through a long list of options to find and select "show traffic on map", then tap on the activation button. This is way too many steps while driving. Please bring back the previous option or create an option to quickly be able to add traffic view & remove traffic view quickly without taking focus off the road. Thank you so much. Otherwise, I have LOVED this app from the get-go!
How Can You Not Love This?
I have gotten to the point where despite having a built-in GPS in my car, I use this app more than half the time despite the cost to my data usage because it is so incredibly accurate. The voice speaks clearly and at a good tempo, and you are given a heads up when you run into traffic. Even if you don't love this app, you should have it as a backup as you will find it useful at some point when your other resources have failed you. Highly recommend.
Been using this app for two years now and I find it to be very helpful. I live in a college town so when I travel to the city I use this app to navigate around. This app lets me know how long it would take me to get there, and if there was a traffic issue it would let me know ASAP and redirect me to a different route that bypasses traffic.
My only issue is that sometimes it would lead me to the wrong building, or places that have already closed down.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 24, 2016
- Version: 4.24.0
- Size: 96.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.