Google Maps - Navigation & Transit
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.25.0
• See traffic information on your Home screen with the Nearby Traffic Widget
• Search for places along your route when getting directions
• Bug fixes
I am so thankful and appreciative that Christina Sandvoss was my lawyer during my divorce. Her tenacity, vigor and professionalism over exceeded my expectations. Her intelligence and experience speaks Volumes in the Court of Law. She was my voice when I could not speak and my shield when I felt attacked. I never felt alone, she was always accessible to me and she made me feel protected. I know I could not have gone threw the process without her by my side. She was a true advocate on protecting my rights during a difficult process. I called her "My Superhero" because she fought to make sure Justice was done to protect me. I highly recommend Christina Sandvoss to anyone who needs the best Lawyer to represent them. With her passion and character you will find your Hero in her too.
Update the map design. Not the UI.
Honestly the new material design UI doesn't look that different then what it was before. I wish Google would spend time updating their map graphics because compared to Apple maps, Google maps is a little blurry to look at, and overall less appealing then the colorful pop you get from Apple maps. I wish Google would implement their 45 degree HD satellite imagery in their maps because the regular view just doesn't cut it. Or have 3D maps. It also sometimes doesn't know the direction I am going in navigation mode and this is not compass interference because when I have Apple maps running at the same time it doesn't have any problem.
Street view and my location is off
I rely heavily on google maps to locate nearest restaurants, what the reviews say about a facility, what does the building look like so I don't pass it, or even how far away is my destination from my current location. I believe those are valid questions that google maps was created to answer.
Ever since the last update, my 'Current Location' is off by a street or two and sometimes (if I'm lucky) a few houses off. Then when I'm looking for a store (Starbucks for example), I'm trying to find a certain landmark (like is this in a strip mall? If so, what are the stores by it so I don't miss the turn to get in there) on the app and the picture of the store, from different area of the city, are all the same.
I live in a city and I use Verizon--so my connection is pretty stellar. So why is this app telling me that it has a connection error and to check my network?
I'm beyond frustrated! For a company that specializes in technology, I'm fairly disappointed. However, it is still better than the iPhone maps--please fix and I'll rate it differently.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.25.0
- Size: 99.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.