By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Google Maps app for iPhone and iPad makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best spots in town and the information you need to get there.
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
• Transit directions and maps for over 15,000 cities and towns
• Live traffic conditions, incident reports, and automatic rerouting to find the best route
• Detailed information on more than 100 million places
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.11.0
• Easily compare ETAs across driving, transit, walking & biking
• Get directions to places now on your Apple Watch
• Bug fixes
Great app! Here's how to improve it...
Google maps is a great app. I love my iPhone like nothing else but Google Maps beats the Maps on the phone by a long way and I always use it on short and long trips! Maps is only just playing catchup. If I could delete it, I would. I agree with a previous reviewer that a future update of Google maps should include speed limits. Would be even cooler if it could remind the driver, if he happens to be going over the listed speed limit. Can the GPS detect speed? I'd think it could... Or maybe just have the app remind the driver of the limit each time it makes an announcement on directions. It is great Google maps shows on the listed directions where the toll booth would be... I would love for it to tell me how much the toll is!! Lol I visited a few family members in NYC and NJ recently and it seems every major expressway has a toll!! Would be great if I could plan a trip around where to pay less toll etc. Thanks for an awesome app and keep up the good work!!
Best maps ever regardless of update
I am giving a review on the actual APP and not the update. Google maps good job because you beat maps by a long run for sure. I am not complaining but I would like to give ideas for some cool features that would be very handy. #1. I get lost very easily and I have no sense of direction. There could be an option that you click how often you want voice to tell you where to go. I can put headphones in and I would rather ONLY listen. There can be options to toggle on for the amount of guidance you get. #2. Speed limit? #3. Road trips. I used maps cross country and what if there was an option when the voice can tell you some road rules that differentiate once you cross a state border. #3. I think it would be cool if when listening she can tell you when you are half way! An maybe tell you that there is heavy traffic or not. Anyways great app!!!!!
Great up but could use some updates
I love google maps. In comparison to Apple maps I find the results much more accurate. I also like the option to scroll to the next intersection. In areas of poor coverage or roaming charge it performs very well - made it all the way from Tucson to San Carlos (Mexico) in airplane mode; through constructions and detours it shows the prevail ultra route and picks it back up when rejoining. Apple maps crashed and was in an endless re-calculating loop first time we pulled off to stop at a gas station.
Only complaints: There is no simple and fast solution to get an overview of the entire route (unless on short routes on the bottom right). So much of the screen (iP 5) is covered with less useful boxes and stuff - this could be improved for better visibility. What would be nice to have is multiple destinations as the web site can handle or search along route.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 29, 2015
- Version: 4.11.0
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.