Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The look of letterpress made simple.
SimplyMpress is a typographic and layout tool that lets you quickly create vintage-looking designs for greeting cards, posters, flyers, scrapbooks, and more. Stylize your text and images with a variety of textures that include vintage wood type impressions.
Give your design its own unique feel by applying beautiful paper texture. Quickly save variations of your designs to your portfolio and then share your designs with image resolutions optimized for screen display or printing.
• Incorporate your own photos and graphics with an open-ended design environment to create one-of-a-kind cards, invitations, posters, CD-covers, T-shirt graphics, and more.
• Several impression texture choices are applied randomly to type and images.
• Apply type and image effects such as leading, cropping, padding, mirror image, inverting, and more.
• Easily align images and text with “snap to” settings.
• Includes 25 fonts based on the wood type collection in LetterMpress.
• Also includes three image fonts with over 150 unique images inspired by graphics used in vintage posters, signs, packages, and advertisements.
• Fully supports all fonts and language input text available on your computer.
• 30 unique paper patterns, plus a transparent background so you can incorporate your designs with your own backgrounds and other applications.
• 11 popular page sizes 4.25"x5.5", 5"x7", A5, 8.5"x11", A4, 8"x8", 10"x10", 12"x12", C4, 11"x17", and A3.
• Supports up to 20 levels of undo and redo edits.
Type and art that comes with SimplyMpress is royalty-free for personal and commercial use.
For technical support, please email email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
• Added font previews with preference to turn on, off or display as tool-tip.
• Added contextual tool-tips for all buttons and controls.
• Added arrow key support for selection in most lists.
• Added menu items and keyboard shortcuts to edit text or set font style.
There IS saving
Unlike the other reviewer which didn't look at the whole app, its help, or the online website or videos, the app *does* allow all designs to be saved and retrieved from a built-in Portfolio.
Reviewing the app to say there is no saving is misinformed, misleading and downright incorrect. They obviously didn't even bother to contact support to ask why it wouldn't exist.
Amusing and convenient but not a serious tool -- NO SAVE
This is a clever little app. However, the interface is clumsy -- and most unforgivably, there is no save. Only export. That makes it pretty useless for any design you might want to revise or return to. Look at the intricate examples: would you want to do all that, and not be able to save your work? Either you're finished and it's done, or you're throwing it away.
This app is so difficult to use. Absolute misery business. I downloaded it because I was under the impression that it came with the letterpress fonts to use outside of the app. Laaaame.