The look of letterpress made simple.
SimplyMpress is a typographic and layout tool that lets you quickly create vintage-looking designs for greeting cards, posters, flyers, scrapbooks, and more. Stylize your text and images with a variety of textures that include vintage wood type impressions.
Give your design its own unique feel by applying beautiful paper texture. Quickly save variations of your designs to your portfolio and then share your designs with image resolutions optimized for screen display or printing.
• Incorporate your own photos and graphics with an open-ended design environment to create one-of-a-kind cards, invitations, posters, CD-covers, T-shirt graphics, and more.
• Several impression texture choices are applied randomly to type and images.
• Apply type and image effects such as leading, cropping, padding, mirror image, inverting, and more.
• Easily align images and text with “snap to” settings.
• Includes 25 fonts based on the wood type collection in LetterMpress.
• Also includes three image fonts with over 150 unique images inspired by graphics used in vintage posters, signs, packages, and advertisements.
• Fully supports all fonts and language input text available on your computer.
• 30 unique paper patterns, plus a transparent background so you can incorporate your designs with your own backgrounds and other applications.
• 11 popular page sizes 4.25"x5.5", 5"x7", A5, 8.5"x11", A4, 8"x8", 10"x10", 12"x12", C4, 11"x17", and A3.
• Supports up to 20 levels of undo and redo edits.
Type and art that comes with SimplyMpress is royalty-free for personal and commercial use.
For technical support, please email email@example.com
• Now supports OS X 10.11 El Capitan
• Full screen support mode for Retina displays
Ratings and Reviews
Not Happy That I Just Paid for This!
This wasn’t what I expected. I couldn’t get the images to import in color and there were very few options.
Nice app, but needs a lot of tweaking
This app does some very cool things and I like what it can do, but what I have to do to get there needs a LOT of work. The fact that you can't edit text inline is a serious shortcoming, in my opinion, and is counterintuitive to every approach to editing text in a page layout app that I've seen in recent years. You can't drag and drop images from the finder right onto the page, but instead need to go through a file dialog. You can't save your work for later use or revision, but instead can only work with one file at a time, and the only format to which you can export is PNG (although you can save a PDF through the Print dialog, but really?). I understand this app is taking its cue from LetterMpress, but that app is designed to specifically replicate the experience of a letterpress; this app isn't. I can use this app (and I have) because I like what it does with paper textures, type, images, and color. But it really needs to adhere a little closer to Apple's interface guidelines for it to be a really useful app. And the ability to save out an editable file is a must.
FROM 1 STAR TO 5 STARS IN ONE DAY.
I downloaded this just before the latest update and had a problem with a bug that prevented the app from opening properly. So, pretty annoyed, I contacted the developers and almost instantly got a response that they were aware of the problem, that it was related to corrupt fonts, and that they had already submitted an update to the App Store. Wondering how many days it would be before the issue would be fixed (or if it would be fixed at all), I received a personal email from the developer, a few hours later, to let me know that the Update was now live in the App Store and VOILA…fixed. 100%. These guys deserve 5 stars for their service alone. And then, of course, there is the app… Superb, intuitive interface, great functionality for both text and images… Basically, it does EXACTLY what it says. And it does it very very well. Worth every penny.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.