By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** View, create and edit Excel spreadsheets for free! **
The real Microsoft Excel app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Now your Excel spreadsheets look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create spreadsheets, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Excel has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
The core Excel experience is free, including viewing, creating and editing spreadsheets. You can unlock the full Excel experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription.
Excel spreadsheets provide insight
• Formulas, tables, charts, comments, PivotTables, sparklines, conditional formatting are all there, so you see the whole picture.
• Excel spreadsheets look great, just as they do on your PC or Mac.
• View email attachments and access all your Excel spreadsheets from OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Pick up from where you left off because Excel for iPad knows what spreadsheet you were working on last, no matter what device you were using.
• Print an entire Excel workbook, a worksheet or a selected range to an AirPrint printer.
Create and edit with confidence
• When you edit a spreadsheet, your content and formatting are maintained across all your devices – PC, Mac, tablet and phone.
• Turn numbers into insights, with support for formulas, charts, tables, sorting, filtering, and more.
• A special formula keyboard lets you add numbers and formulas rapidly – much easier than with the standard touch keyboard.
• Excel automatically saves your spreadsheet, so you can rest assured that you don’t lose all your work while you’re on the go.
• Simply share your work with others by emailing the spreadsheet, a hyperlink or a PDF.
A familiar Microsoft Office experience
• It’s easy to pick up the app and get started, because it’s like the Excel experience you already know.
• The familiar navigation and menu options are built for a touch experience. No keyboard required.
• On your phone, the ribbon is located at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create or edit documents. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to unlock the full Office experience, and to access and save documents in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, Office 365 Solo, Office 365 Service, Office 365 University, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4, Office 365 Government E3 and E4, Office 365 Education E3 and E4, Office 365 Nonprofit E3, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty, Office 365 trial subscriptions.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal within the app. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is disabled beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be disabled by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.8
• Comments: create and edit comments in your worksheets (on iPhone).
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Amazing! Thank you!
I've been use Excel since 2005 for my finances and have always been stuck to saving receipts and waiting until I got home to my computer to update it. When Dropbox came out, I could update from any computer. Now this, along with Dropbox functionality allows me to update on the fly, and immediately after purchasing or making payments!! This is the best thing that I could ever have asked for! Thank you so much for bringing this amazing Microsoft software to the iPhone!
Real productivity on a tablet!
I love my iPad, I use it for email, work email, and browsing all the time. But rarely for "work" - the tablet has been for me a platform to consume, not create. This has changed with Office 365 - now I can do real work even while out and about. I particularly love being able to track travel expenses "in the moment" in Excel so I don't have to decide piles of receipts later. Tablet PowerPoint is also great for reading PPT files I use in teaching SCUBA classes, in their true format. Great addition to the tablet platform!
Yes, you need an Office subscription to get the full benefit of the Excel app--but if you have that, working on a spreadsheet between iPhone and desktop is seamless. To avoid file update conflicts, you just need to be sure the file is saved to OneDrive before you close down the app. I use Excel for my checkbook and it's really convenient to be able to update it on my phone.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 244 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal$6.99
- Office 365 Home$99.99
- Office 365 Home$9.99
- Office 365 Personal$69.99
- Office 365 Home$79.99
- Office 365 Personal$5.99
- Office 365 Home$94.99