Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor & Pulse Tracker PRO
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone into your personal HEART RATE MONITOR - yep, that’s possible!
Everyone’s maximum heart rate is different, and also our resting heart rates vary based on our age and training level. Want to know your resting heart rate or find out how fast your heart is beating after a certain fitness activity? Get Runtastic Heart Rate PRO to not only measure your pulse, but also compare different results, receive reminders for regular HR measurements and benefit from an array of additional features. Whether it’s after a hard training session or before your next exam - we show you how fast your heart is beating. No extra devices necessary, all you need is your iPhone. Easy as pie, right? Go PRO today!
- Unlimited measurements: Determine your heart rate anytime, anywhere & as often as you like
- Use filters: Filter your measurements according to type (resting HR, pre-& post-workout HR, maximum HR)
- Graphs to monitor your progress: Monitor how your resting heart rate develops
- Reminder: Receive automatic notifications for regular HR measurements
- No ads
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Measure your heart rate with your iPhone camera
- Graphs illustrate your measurements
- Different measuring types: resting HR, pre- & post-workout HR, maximum HR
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyze your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your HR measurements in social networks like Facebook & Twitter or via email
EASY TO USE
- Place and lightly hold your (index) finger against the back camera lens
- Do not press too hard, otherwise blood circulation will be altered and the results could be
- When using an iPhone without a flashlight, be sure to take the measurement in a well-lit area (bright daylight works best)
- Remain calm and try not to move too much during the measurement, as this can compromise measurement accuracy
- Do not measure with cold fingers when the blood circulation is poor
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting HR than someone who’s hardly active. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate.
Download the Runtastic Heart Rate PRO App today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
*This app is not yet optimized for iPhone 6 or 6+. We are currently working on revising the technology of this app to meet the needs of the new phone design.
WARNING: This is not a medical product.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Enjoy the latest version of our app! We look forward to your helpful reviews in the App Store!
Worse than free version
Edit: If on an iPhone 6, don't bother with this app. After upgrading my phone I truly did waste my money on this. Further, with no updates to this app since January, it is clear that the developers have no intentions of fixing the problems reported. Save your money and buy a better app.
I originally tried the free version of this app for a science project with my daughter and it worked well enough that when I started needing to check my heart rate often I bought the full version. I should have either kept the free version or bought something else. Sure, there are no annoying ads for games, but when I need to get a heart rate quickly I don't like first having to exit ADS for the company's other apps! I paid to get rid of ads, not have the game ones gone but still have ads! The app also hangs and crashes quite a bit on my iPhone5 when the free version didn't! Sure, it was only $2 but I could have saved my money and bought an app that was actually ad free and stable with that instead. If updates fix this I will revise my review. As it stands, my money feels wasted.
Room for improvement
It does everything it says, and though I haven't compared.. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy. However, I do wish there were more options for times taken, a customizable list would be nice: for people who test things like waking up, going to bed, before/after meal rather than "general."
Lastly, this is just personal, but I'd love the option of turning the phone sideways or something and getting a graph view with adjustable time frames and multiple filters at once. I know changing an app is a lot of trouble though, so I don't expect this from the busy team but keep up the good work!
I have tried this app many times on my iPad Air. I followed the instructions about going in to General settings and turning on background refresh, but this program doesn't even show up in the list of programs that can be refreshed. I want to App Store to see the list of apps purchased to see if the program needs to be updated. And could not find it in the list of programs purchased even though it shows up on my screen as being available and I am able to open it. I try to connect with the developer and cannot sign in our set up an account not sure what the problem is it says it recognizes my email but I never was at their website before to set up any kind of account. I need a refund of the do 1.99 I spent on this product.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 30, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.