By Black Pixel
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Spot the differences. Merge in seconds.
Now with text merge, 3-way merge, and folder comparison, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version control systems you already use.
Who says powerful developer tools can’t be beautiful too?
Praise for Kaleidoscope
"Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I'd had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I'll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one." - Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
"It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already." - Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
It's Part of Your Workflow
- Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
- Integrates as a fully-functional diff or merge tool
- Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
- Three powerful display modes
- Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
- Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
- Review code changes and resolve conflicts
- Intelligently auto-merges the right content
File & Folder Comparison
- Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
- Sort and filter down to what matters most
- Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
- Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
- Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
- Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for OS X Lion & Mountain Lion
- Beautiful, modern UI to feel at home on your Mac
- Full-Screen mode for focusing on your content
- Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
"The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool." - @SteveStreza
"I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!" - @befive_info
"Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don't miss BeyondCompare." - @stefankendall
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Improved support and stability for OS X 10.9
Like dating a super model
It’s beautiful. Says so several times in the description. But it doesn’t actually do a great job of diffing. It will often mark a line as changed, when it should clearly be be marked as one deleted and one inserted line. When this happens, it throws off the rest of the document. There is no way to manually mark a line to prevent this from happening. You just have to get as far as you can in Kaleidoscope, then close it and either finish your work in a different diff app, or manually make the changes in a text editor. For $70, that’s rediculous. I need more than beauty. I need it to work as intended, and the fact that it often doesn’t is really frustrating.
Just missing a couple things
The caveat is that it's still missing a couple basic features, like ignoring whitespace and not being able to edit text. Supposedly the former will be added soon.
Useful tool for LaTeX and Sweave users
I use it for comparing .Rnw and .tex files. The UI is very intuitive. One can spot the differences very quickly. On the other hand, it is rather expensive but I have not found any comparable alternatives for less.