Fly Delta for iPad
By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over a million downloads, the award-winning Fly Delta app for iPad features inspiring destination guides, the amazing Glass Bottom Jet,™ and a What’s Next feature that makes your trip easier by making sure you know what to do and when to do it.
• Spin the globe to explore destinations and fare specials
• Browse destination guides featuring shopping, dining and recommendations from your social network
• View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
Book and Customize:
• Find, compare and book flights or rebooked canceled flights or missed connections
• View seat maps, select or change your seat, or step up to Delta Comfort+™
• Never miss a beat with the What’s Next feature
• Purchase Trip Extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding
• Explore the Glass Bottom Jet, which provides an amazing view of what you’re flying over through photos, landmark information and social content from your friends
• Find out what’s playing on board your flight and download Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from iTunes
And of course, we covered the basics:
• Manage your profile, transactions and SkyMiles® account
• Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24 hours before departure and pay for checked bags – your eBoarding pass can be sent to your phone or email
• Get terminal and gate info and check the latest flight status
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
What's New in Version 1.8.1
What’s New in version 1.8.1
• Bug fixes
Works like a dud
I guess Delta doesn't want their customers booking flights through their app! Every time I search for a flight it crashes; well, that is after it "searches" for several minutes. The app used to work great. Now it's essentially useless. I say almost because at least I can still get my flight information that is after I had to go to a PC to book my flight. Maybe that's because Delta has decided no to provide an update since DECEMBER 2015!! What a joke!!! Every time I search for a flight, the app crashes - sometimes while thinking about retrieving the information and sometime just after retrieving the information but, always before I can select a flight. Let's not even begin to discuss how painstakingly slow the app is. I'm not sure what happened but, Delta doesn't seem at all interested in keeping their app functional or their tech savvy customers happy in the least! It's time they entered the 21st century and provided an app that will actually function like they portray it will.
App works as designed.
I use this app to do research for ticket prices when planning any vacations. I love all of the features on this app (especially the versions of Sky magazine.) All information provided is accurate (especially the cities identified for Romantic Getaways.) I have purchased tickets using this app (using a secured WiFi,) and I have experienced no trouble with the current version. I pray that future updates allow me to continue using this app.
USELESS APP To book flights
I recently had to update this app because the previous one was no longer supported.
Delta since JAN your users have had serious complaints about this app. HOW did this version make it through ANY QA process??
It takes forever to load and once finally on the site takes 4x longer to search for a flight than Orbitz, Kayak etc can search thousands of combinations than your own app can search Delta only flights. Seat selection does not work as two screens lay over ea. other. I'm going to take my premium status elsewhere if I can't easily book a simple flight.