Fly Delta for iPad
By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over a million downloads, the award-winning Fly Delta app for iPad features inspiring destination guides, the amazing Glass Bottom Jet,™ and a What’s Next feature that makes your trip easier by making sure you know what to do and when to do it.
• Spin the globe to explore destinations and fare specials
• Browse destination guides featuring shopping, dining and recommendations from your social network
• View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
Book and Customize:
• Find, compare and book flights or rebooked canceled flights or missed connections
• View seat maps, select or change your seat, or step up to Delta Comfort+™
• Never miss a beat with the What’s Next feature
• Purchase Trip Extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding
• Explore the Glass Bottom Jet, which provides an amazing view of what you’re flying over through photos, landmark information and social content from your friends
• Find out what’s playing on board your flight and download Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from iTunes
And of course, we covered the basics:
• Manage your profile, transactions and SkyMiles® account
• Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24 hours before departure and pay for checked bags – your eBoarding pass can be sent to your phone or email
• Get terminal and gate info and check the latest flight status
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
What's New in Version 1.8.1
What’s New in version 1.8.1
• Bug fixes
App won't recognize paid GoGo Wifi.
Devs: You have a problem in the latest version. I am typing this review on a flight to Tokyo, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Yet, even though I have a paid and working connection as evidenced by this review, when I open the app I am faced with the "two choices" screen. "Get yourself connected" or "Continue without purchasing WiFi". The app has no idea that I AM fully connected via GoGo wifi. To make matters worse, neither button seems to work. It just sits there. I have tried all the tricks: Closing the app, going to airplane mode, re-opening, re-booting and all combinations thereof to no avail. So, it's broken. This isn't an isolated experience or an international issue as the same thing happened on my New York-->Portland flight earlier today.
I should mention that this iPad app (and the iPhone version) work perfect at work & home. It just seems that the iPad version hates GoGo at the moment. I'm bummed as I really wanted to check out the "Glass Bottom Plane" feature. 😢
Works like a dud
I guess Delta doesn't want their customers booking flights through their app! Every time I search for a flight it crashes; well, that is after it "searches" for several minutes. The app used to work great. Now it's essentially useless. I say almost because at least I can still get my flight information that is after I had to go to a PC to book my flight. Maybe that's because Delta has decided no to provide an update since DECEMBER 2015!! What a joke!!! Every time I search for a flight, the app crashes - sometimes while thinking about retrieving the information and sometime just after retrieving the information but, always before I can select a flight. Let's not even begin to discuss how painstakingly slow the app is. I'm not sure what happened but, Delta doesn't seem at all interested in keeping their app functional or their tech savvy customers happy in the least! It's time they entered the 21st century and provided an app that will actually function like they portray it will.
One of the best Apps
It's to bad folks are having problems with this app. I have been using it for several years now. I have always installed the lasted the version and never a problem. We have used it for trips across this country and many times to France. I booked a flight to Italy on my iPhone without issue. It keeps me up to date, I get good information about what city I am going to. The notifications are spot on. I really rely on this app heavily. With all of the products out there saying they are the best and they aren't, I have to say this is one of the better ones. I love it. Thanks