By A9 Innovations, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** $29.99 FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! ***
MagniFire turns your iPad into a full-featured, text-aware low-vision magnifier! High-end desktop models can cost over $3,000. MagniFire is the future of low-vision magnifiers!
MagniFire is the only low-vision magnifier for iPad that uses Blindsight’s patented text detection algorithms to HELP YOU READ by organizing all the text in a snap and presenting it line by line.
When is MagniFire for me?
• If you struggle to see, especially to read
• If you have AMD (age-related macular degeneration), Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy, Cataracts, or other visual impairment
• If you own – or have considered buying – a portable or desktop video magnifier but want the portability of the iPad and the convenience of carrying only one device for all your tablet needs.
How does it work?
1. Point the iPad camera at an everyday challenge and tap to Freeze the View:
• a PRODUCT LABEL such as a MEDICINE BOTTLE
• a MENU
• an OPERA PLAYBILL
• a HANDOUT at a CONFERENCE
• a NEWSPAPER or MAGAZINE
• a small OBJECT such as JEWELRY
Alternatively, choose an image from another source
2. For TEXT areas, let MagniFire use OCR to READ THE DESIRED TEXT FOR YOU, and NAVIGATE EASILY to the desired part of the document or label
3. CHOOSE YOUR ENHANCED VIEW
• Magnify 3 to 30 times
• Choice of CONTRAST and COLOR BLAST MODES
4. ZOOM / PAN around OBJECTS and PHOTOS
MagniFire for iPhone and iPod Touch!
Please let us hear from you – we built MagniFire FOR YOU and we live to make it easier for you to read and see.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
The obligatory iOS7 update—but we've wrapped in a few major improvements to our VoiceOver integration, with many more on the roadmap.
The app has some helpful features that are not found elsewhere. Image quality depends on the stability of the iPad when the image is captured, on illumination and on whether you are able to capture the area of text that you wish to read. When optimal conditions are met, both the magnification/text enlargement features (which magnifies letters to the maximum height of the screen) and the text to speech capabilities are very good. If you don't have a good image captured, the text to speech features won't work. And if the camera isn't stable when you capture an image, the image will be poor.
The guy that paid thirty dollars is either fake or the greatest troll in history. This app does the exact opposite of what it says. I took a horrible photo and I could read the text on the photo way better than than anti magnifier. It makes every word blurry and unreadable. If anyone paid thirty for this sue the ever loving crap out of the creators of this app.
Cost $30. but definitely worth it.
The best magnifier in the app store. For the price of a dozen cups of coffee you can own this app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 01, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: A9 Innovations, LLC
- © 2013 The Blindsight Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular.