By Red Winter Software Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Dungelot is like the Minesweeper of roguelikes. It’s fast, casual and charming. Worth every penny"
Cody Musser IGN ★★★★★
"It's the mythical casual roguelike, in fact."
"Featuring simplified gameplay, clean graphics, and fun RPG elements, Dungelot gives novices an engaging introduction to dungeon exploration."
★App of the week - POCKET GAMER★
Dungelot is fun, addictive casual roguelike with easy controls. Flip over tiles to reveal amazing treasures or deadly monsters in your search for the key to exit the level.
What's New in Version 1.55
✔ Autosave hero skills bug fixed
✔ Bug with padding on each other menu fixed
✔ Bug with quest reward fixed
✔ Assassin hero rebalanced
✔ Game difficulty increased
✔ Skeleton mages attack cap set to 8points
✔ Goblin axe throwers attack cap set to 10points
✔ Autosave bug with compass,lantern,map fix
✔ Sheep bug fix
Still not a fan of the new update
Update: Latest update allows you to get to level 100+ with little difficulty. Unfortunately it gets boring by the time you reach level 50. After level 50 no new enemies or concepts are introduced so it becomes very redundant. They need to bring back the brutal difficulty level and create an ending people can strive for.
I used to enjoy this game, but like everyone else on here, I can't stand the latest update. This game used to be challenging and balanced. Now it is far too easy and not nearly as fun. People are now ending their games not because they run out of hearts but because they run out of patience.
Why delete the critical hit stat? Was it so you could introduce the new mood system, which nobody enjoys? And what is up with the new weapon system? It is gimmicky and unnecessary. Why poison players when you give us more antidotes than we can possibly use?
The game was fine previously. It merely needed to be expanded, not overhauled altogether. All we needed were more monsters, more playable characters, and more ways to upgrade! It might also be nice to have a backstory and an ending we can work towards. Just my two cents.
Fun ... but...
Fun game but this latest update has made the game even harder (read LESS FUN) to play. It's not worth the time to play when the character does not have a fighting chance and dies so quickly! It seems that every time the developer 'improves' the game, it just gets worse.
- Sometime when the sword points are awarded, they really don't upgrade. Just stay the same.
- Some 'challenge doors' never open.
I'm frustrated with a few more things:
1) The update makes the game harder to play and I find that my character dies too quickly. Not fun.
2) The economics of the game allows you max out the character thus making future gold worthless.
3) Special items should be able to be purchased to beef up a character. Just waiting to discover an item breaks the flow.
4) At the start of the game, character stats should be adjustable (buy stat points with gold?)
5) Play difficulty should be adjustable for an easy or hard game.
6) only 8 slots for items/spells... What is this 1998? Please add more items. I would pay for this extra.
7) more classes of character. The only good character is the initial paladin. None of the others have any special abilities to make them worth while!
Originally pretty difficult, but it was okay. Update made the game way too easy (and the achievements did not work properly). Now you've made it too difficult. Also, you seem to have a problem with math. 100% chance to stun victim (assassin) means every time, not 'if you're lucky it might happen once per level'.
3 stars only because it used to be a great game. Maybe it will be again in the future, but there are too many bugs. (Crowned monster give extra atk to hidden monster, sometimes goes away on kill, sometimes doesn't; Red-X'ed squares sometimes stay X'ed even after all monster are gone; etc.)
Update: And the end-counts of how many monsters are killed is horribly broken.
- Level Reached: 170
- Monsters Killed: 201 <- What? I cleared every single level of all monsters except Lvl 170.
- Fell in trap: 0 Times <- What? I was forced to fall into several traps (especially before getting the lantern), why is this zero?
- Cells Opened: 565 <- WHAT? 170 x 27 Cells/Level (assuming at least 3 traps, which the first bunch of levels have none, so this is a vastly conservative estimate) = 4590 at MINIMUM.
This game is no longer worth the $1.99 price tag.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 16, 2013
- Version: 1.55
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Winter Software Limited
- © 2012 RedWinterSoftware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.