By 2K Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Build a fearsome band of monsters and compete for ultimate control of an unsuspecting village!
From Firaxis, the studio that brought you Sid Meier’s Civilization and XCOM: Enemy Unknown comes, Haunted Hollow, a competitive, spooky strategy game where you build and rule a mysterious mansion to spawn freaky monsters. Unleash these powerful minions and send them into town to go head-to-head with your rivals to capture townhouses, battle enemies, avoid angry mobs and seize control! Challenge your friends through Game Center and Pass & Play, or play single player in the Haunted Hollow that has everyone quivering. We dare you.
- A lurking line-up of Monsters including Vampires, Zombies, Mummies, Witches, and Reapers - all with menacing powers
- Chilling Power-up Items like Boo-B-Gone and Bloody Mary
- Choose from Haunted House architectures like Lost Temple and Mad Scientist
- Multiplayer through Game Center
- Single Player, Single Player Challenge Mode or Pass & Play with Friends
***DEVICE SUPPORT WARNING***
- Designed to operate on iOS 5.0 and above.
- Devices supported: iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4 and newer/iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and newer.
- iPad 1 and iPod Touch (all generations) are not supported.
- If you're experiencing technical difficulties on a supported device, please try restarting your device:
1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.
2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- If this does not solve your problem, please try resetting the device:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
Visit http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/ for more great games.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Added more challenges & new achievements!
- Memory enhancements to improve stability
- Gameplay balancing & minor bug fixes
I want to like it, but...
I love Halloween, which earned this game points in my book right off the bat. However, there are just way too many problems I have with it to really enjoy it.
1. There is only one basic generic level to play against the computer - No difficulty levels (and very easy to beat) and no variations at all. After beating the computer two or three times, it gets very redundant and ridiculously easy.
2. Since playing vs the computer isn't an option, your only route is to play vs other players - This means you take your turn, then you have to wait until the other person logs back into the game to take theirs. It makes it VERY long and drawn out. Plus, you randomly get matched, so some players will be a challenge, while others will be easy to beat. It's inconsistent and not evenly matched.
3. Whoever goes first has a HUGE advantage - Because of how the game is designed, whoever has the first turn has a huge edge over the person who goes second. This could be easily fixed (ex. extra fear coin for person who goes second, or take one away from person who goes first), but in its current state, is a huge imbalance issue.
4. Only one basic level to play on - They need to add various towns, different set-ups, obstacles, etc. Right now, it gets boring very fast.
Clearly very little effort was put into this game. It has a lot of potential, but it needs A LOT of additional features added to make that happen.
I love halloween and really enjoy playing halloween games and this is the first one that I have not deleted. Although, there are a couple negatives, first that there are no levels to the game. Unless you pay for better options, you are pretty much stuck with the same options (at the first level). And it seems like the opponent (the computer) gets to start the game with better options. I still beat the computer (probably why I like the game so much), but after a while, I kind of wish there was more to it.
Over all this game is fun and I keep playing it.
IAP Done Right!!!
In a world where most apps are geared toward frustrating you with difficulty until they force you into in app purchases, this game does it the way it should be - the game is LOTS of fun on it's own! Then, if you want even more fun and experiment with other fun units, you can pay a buck or two! I purchased the full season pass and it's great. More games should be as fun and fair as this!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 22, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 106 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 2K Games
- © 2012-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K, 2K Games, Haunted Hollow and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. This software product includes JSON Parser © 2013 Patrick van Bergen, Libcurl 7.28.0 © 1996 - 2013 Daniel Stenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, Localytics iOS SDK © 2013 Char Software, Inc. d/b/a Localytics, Modal UIAlertView © 2013 Jose Exposito, SBJson for Objective-C © 2007-2013 Stig Brautaset. All rights reserved. All other marks are property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Season Pass 1$7.99
- Witch's Kitchen$0.99
- Mummy's Tomb$1.99
- Siren's Spa$1.99
- Boogeyman's Junk Room$1.99
- Swamp Creature's Lavatory$1.99
- Goblin's Boiler$1.99
- Wendigo's Freezer$1.99
- Watery Grave$2.99
- Boo-B-Gone Item$0.99