Communication Arts Magazine
By Coyne and Blanchard, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Communication Arts is the premier source of inspiration for graphic designers, art directors, design firms, corporate design departments, advertising agencies, interactive designers, illustrators and photographers—everyone involved in visual communication. CA's editorials, feature articles and the annual competitions it sponsors provide new ideas and information, while promoting the highest professional standards for the field. CA continues to showcase the current best—from industry veterans to tomorrow's innovators—in design, advertising, illustration, photography, interactive media and typography.
A 1-year subscription includes six issues, each containing feature articles, columns and the winners of one of our juried competitions: Design, Advertising, Illustration, Photography, Interactive and Typography.
If you’re already a print subscriber, access to the tablet version is included. Simply download the app and follow the prompts to activate your digital subscription.
Communication Arts purchases available:
1-year subscription for $29.99, automatically renewed until canceled
Single issue for $9.99 (non-subscription)
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of your purchase.
SUBSCRIBERS' AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL FEATURE: Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period (another year for annual subscribers) unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
If you have any issues with or suggestions relating to the functionality of our iPad app, we want to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 2.0
- Complete redesign of the interface makes browsing issues easier
- New store section for browsing and downloading issues
- Tap issue covers to view table of contents
- Improved sign-in system for current digital and print subscribers
- New FAQ section
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash when viewing images in pop-up windows
Beautiful as a magazine, frustrating as an app
This is one of those apps in which the >intent< to have good design is overwhelmed by arbitrary limitations that, ironically, were probably a well-intentioned designer's decision. Why am I sometimes forced to hold the iPad horizontally and sometimes vertically? Why can't I spread fingers to zoom in and have a better look at an an image? In the Interactive Annual, no less? By a publication devoted to Design, no less! This app should be rethought from a user's point of view. Thanks
If you're a student you can get the print+digital edition for $39/year! Great for graphic/communication/web design majors, especially if you're interested in print and product design. Great resource.
Not recommended UPDATE!!!
All archived issues have been downloaded
I would definitely recommend this app
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 04, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coyne and Blanchard, Inc.
- © Coyne and Blanchard, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- January/February 2013 Typography Annual 3$9.99
- May/June 2013 Illustration Annual 54$9.99
- September/October 2013 Design Annual 54$9.99
- January/February 2014 Typography Annual 4$9.99
- March/April 2013 Interactive Annual 19$9.99
- July/August 2013 Photography Annual 54$9.99
- May/June 2014 Illustration Annual 55$9.99
- March/April 2014 Interactive Annual 20$9.99
- November/December 2013 Advertising Annual 54$9.99