EndNote for iPad
By Thomson Reuters
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with Thomson Reuters EndNote TM - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote for iPad app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on the iPad. By syncing your research library across iPad, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
EndNote for iPad includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X7 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Thomson Reuters Web of Science TM, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X7 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
What's New in Version 2.2
* Full iOS 9 compatibility
* New in-app browser with improved UI, reference importing, bookmarks, and smart search
* Improved PDF annotation
* Fixed issue allowing iPad to go to sleep during long Sync operations
* Other bug fixes and stability improvements
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ipad/contact
Seriously....that review said it was consistent and intelligent?
Setting aside that the review was probably written by TR...this is among the more pointless apps I own. I don't use it to read PDFs. Why? Because other apps are better at that. I expected from the app what I expected from the desktop version - software that would archive sources and then be able to format them for use as footnotes or citations for a paper (it's in the name of the app for goodness sakes!!!)
You are paying yet another outrageously inflated price as a grad student for a program that is indeed consistent, and intelligent (?); but at the end of the day it's a paperweight. Paperweights are consistently weighty and intelligently keep papers from scattering, but it sort of just sits there looking expensive...the endnote app lets you view all your references, which you could do online, but won't help you with citations...again, what's the name of the app?
However, it has one output style that doesn't really correspond to recognizable style guides. So basi
I previously disliked, but seeing the benefits of it
I used to think that EndNote was a waste of money because Microsoft Word had the ability to reference in the formats that I used. It is not until recently when I discovered the power of EndNote lies with ability to be a Reference Database. You can customize the output styles and it works great with Apple Pages on the desktop. I just wished that the options to citation in the iPad version had the ability to provide in-text citations according to a selected reference style.
A consistent and intelligent app
Of all the apps on my iPad, this delivers the most value for me. I have every article accessible on my device through endnote and it makes reading easy even away from my computer. My research notes are also synced to the iPad, including changes and additions. Of course, it is not perfect in every sense but it does what no other app can do. Great job, guys. Keep it up!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 12, 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomson Reuters
- © 2013 Thomson Reuters
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.