The Bear Went Over the Mountain HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why did the bear go over the mountain? To see what he could see! Now children can go with Bernie Bear as he travels OVER the mountain, IN a cave, UNDER the ocean, UP a tree, ACROSS the desert, even AROUND the moon! Not only can children see what he can see, they can snap photos of it, too! Highlighted words to the classic song “the Bear Went Over the Mountain” let children read or sing along.
Play begins by choosing from a playful map of eight different scenes, each consisting of two pages of interactive, explorable options and characters. Teaching begins with directional words, exploration of geographical differences, and stimulating understanding of habitats of a wide range of wildlife.
Stewardship of the environment is promoted with a fun request to recycle scattered rubbish or plant trees in certain scenes, giving children a sense of pride and responsibility. The action begins with motor skill challenges, as the user is encouraged to physically move Bernie Bear over, under, up, down, in, around, behind, and across scenes and objects in order to advance to their destinations. Here, the user will be able to discover animals, hear true to life sounds they might produce, and build a collection of photos in a scrapbook!
• VOCABULARY: Teaching directional words - this vocabulary enhances a child’s ability to give and follow directions as well as to speak precisely.
•Relating music to various geographical and language arts vocabulary.
• MUSIC: Practicing singing along with the highlighted words in this favorite nursery song.
• SCIENCE: Aiding in word recognition with spoken and written names of animals and geography.
•Teaching geographical differences and the diversity of wildlife found within each.
•Encouraging a sense of stewardship in caring for our environment and natural habitats of wildlife creatures.
CREATED BY EDUCATORS
• Developed with a college educator and former Metro Atlanta public school teacher
**** Enjoy our other educational apps for children:
-My ABC Train
-Five Little Monkeys
-Big Top Circus
CONTACT US: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or comments. We will promptly respond to you!
***LoeschWare cares about children and respects your privacy. ***
The Bear Went Over the Mountain HD:
- Does not collect any information
- Does not contain ads
- Does not contain in-app purchases
- Does not contain integration with social networks
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools
- Does include an indirect link to LoeschWare apps in the iTunes AppStore
What's New in Version 1.5
So Good But Needs Tweaking
I love this app for teaching basic concepts in speech therapy. I really need to be able to have multiple accounts and be able to refresh without going through the whole thing from beginning to end. If you could change those things this would be one happy speech therapist. Thank you for your hard work!
This app has nice repetition that helps with reading and best of all it is so good at introducing spatial concepts like over, under, through. It's fun and interactive. It teaches something specific and is just a fun book.