Statesman Journal Print Edition
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Statesman Journal is now on the iPad and the iPhone! Introducing the Statesman Journal Print Edition app, where subscribers can read the Statesman Journal on an iPad or an iPhone with all the stories, photos and ads shown just as it appears in print. Subscribers can use their current account login to access current and back issues.
What's New in Version 2.5.50
This update significantly improves overall performance and adds operational enhancements to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- Taps are now more native! A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to size.
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second double tap returns page to default size. Pinch out to zoom.
- To change the default settings to your preferences, go to the Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use.
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth.
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming- To change the default settings to your preferences, go to the Options > Settings screen.
-Receive availability alerts for each new edition.
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
Great way to read the paper!
This is my favorite app between the two offered by the SJ. Read it daily on my iPhone even on the two days a week our paper is subscribed for. The latest version is faster and more versatile. GOOD JOB!
New version is not an improvement
The new way of reading is more difficult than the old. You have to scroll back up to the top to close rather than the close button always being available
Please fix the login!
My main issue is that this app does not remember your login information. I have several e newspaper subscriptions and this is the only one I am forced to re-enter my email and password over and over again. Very annoying! Please fix the login!
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 2.5.50
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Gannett
- © 2014 Gannett Co., Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.