By Ryan Case
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to track your beer history on iOS.
* Quickly browse through your history by date, name, or average rating.
* Add notes to your tastings and capture photos of that perfect pour.
* Wish list to maintain friend recommendations or what you'd like to grab on your next visit to the store.
* Optimized for fast entry. Add a name, slide to a rating, and you're done.
* Stand alone application, no data connection required.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Camera now remembers flash preference
- Minor UI updates
- Fixed problem adding wish list items in iOS 5
The design is classy and intuitive. Great thought went into making it easy to get the point of this app. It checks many boxes when asking what you want from an app that keeps tabs of your beers. It's headed in the right direction. I love it! My suggestions would be to add the ability to edit your beers after the fact; add social integration; I'd also like the option to add/save photos from/to the camera roll when attaching them to the day's beer. Thank you!
....but it really needs an update. Is that ever coming? Suggestions: sort by highest rated, add a way to add the style of beer, sort by style, if you've had the same beer multiple times it should say how many times and maybe what your average score is. How about a way to sort by month? And a way to show how many beers per month you've had? A way to group by brewery? How about the notes section has boxes for rating different characteristics of each beer? Also how about letting us rate beers lower. We need the full 100 point scale - at this point I have way too many bees in the 80s. We need a FAR wider range.
Anyway. It's a good start but it badly needs support from the developer.
Please make an update so you can change your notes and rating about the beers you save.