This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
BirdTrack is a tool designed by birders that makes it easy to log what you see wherever you go birdwatching. Once you have set up a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net, you’ll be able to upload your observations to the global database, allowing you to make comparisons with your own and other birders’ records. At the same time, your data will be available for use in research and conservation at the local, national and global scale.
Version 2 is a major upgrade to the BirdTrack app. It has many great new features, including global bird recording and a choice of taxonomies, and more features will be added over time. There are considerable changes from Version 1 so we recommend that existing users make a full back up of their device on iTunes (including all apps) before updating.
- Log your bird sightings from anywhere in the world.
- Flexible taxonomy: choose from multiple species baselists including the International Ornithological Congress World Bird List, the BirdLife International Complete Bird Checklist and various regional and country-based options.
- Offline mapping and observation recording, enabling use in places with no data connection.
- Existing BirdTrack users can access the same set of personalised places on both the web and mobile devices.
- ‘Smart’ species dropdowns for adding your sightings, offering species in order of the most-frequently recorded for the current location.
- Simple +/-/circa buttons to easily add and modify species counts during your birding visit.
- Optional sighting details including breeding evidence, remarkable and sensitive record settings.
- Seldom-recorded species, high counts and out-of-season sightings flagged during verification to alert you to possible data entry errors.
- ‘Targets’ feature to show the most-recorded species that you’ve yet to log this year or ever.
- Designed to be translatable into most languages; if yours isn’t yet supported, contact the developer.
Register for a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net
Developed by the British Trust for Ornithology, on behalf of the BirdTrack partnership.
What's New in Version 2.1.6
This release provides a fix for a recently reported issue:
When creating a new submission the closest place within 1KM of the current location is pre-populated if the GPS is available
This release also has the following improvements:
GPS is requested to update application less frequently to improve power consumption
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 08, 2017
- Version: 2.1.6
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Spanish
- Seller: British Trust for Ornithology
- © 2015 British Trust for Ornithology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.