Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
Now you can make your profile public or private and more easily find your Facebook friends.
We also updated our newsletter descriptions so you have a better idea of what you're signing up for.
Ratings and Reviews
This stunning app has us hooked on discovering innovative projects made by passionate people. From art exhibits to high-tech gadgets, we're following campaigns from inception to completion. Through pitch videos, activity alerts, and the ability to back ideas directly from your device, finding and funding remarkable concepts is a cinch.
Canceled due to inability to retry payments
I’m a superbacker, having backed nearly 500 projects. My bank denies almost every project because Kickstarter submits it as an international charge. Yet when I go to fix it, I get sent to a corrupt webpage that send me to an error 404 page. I’ve been dropped by several projects and am about to lose 3 more. I’m no longer using Kickstarter, no matter how good some campaigns are. They are a fraudulent, unaccountable, thieving company that gives zero FuX about customers. They take proceeds from a project and then say they aren’t responsible for anything. Taking money from someone while the seller takes the money and runs constitutes collusion. Unethical and dishonest and ultimately disappointing to people trying to help others. Don’t use. Even the best projects can leave you burned. Kickstarter harbors and assists criminals.
No one mediates the projects
I backed 5 projects all of them late 2-3 months and 1 nakefit is a total scam. Took $90 ran off with it and no one heard back from this company and can’t get their money back. And from the comments kickstarter has no problem collecting their share of the projects but says it’s the responsibility of the company to refund our money, so we lose our cash. The other 2 projects also frauds. After finally getting our backings the projects inventions didn’t work at all. No one checks the safety of these items. I backed a button up for shoes , completely busted apart almost injuring my husband and glass x which ruined my screen after following their instructions to a t. Kickstarter needs regulations. 2 out of 5 was just ok item the the other 3 is crap or a scam.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 86.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Kickstarter PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.