iOOTP Baseball 2013
By Out of the Park Developments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Offseason Special Price, Save 60% ***
Guide your favorite baseball team to glory! Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is available for iOS as a brand new 2013 version.
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
"Baseball freaks who want that heavily stat-based front office experience will find a rich and detailed sim." (GamerPops)
"The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to." (Curt Schilling)
PLEASE NOTE: The iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2nd gen or older are NOT supported!
New features in iOOTP Baseball this year:
- Real 2013 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system today.
- Unlock exciting achievements
- Redesigned interface
- Improved play-by-play commentary and news stories
- Brand new Trading AI
- Recoded & much more realistic player creation
- New player development system
- Improved roster & contract negotiation AI
- Historical career play with real rookie import each season (requires successive years via in-App purchase)
- Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
- Plenty of small tweaks & improvements
iOOTP Baseball 2013 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2013 season. Will Strasburg dominate the NL? How will Hamilton perform in LA? Find out!
- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1901, 1902, or 2009 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft amateurs, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- actual 2013 roster set (new game needed)
- corrections to the historical database
- cosmetic fixes
A Gem for straight simulation lovers
I've played a couple of the PC versions and this app has streamlined all the best parts into one easy-to-use package.
The app offers several play options. You can blast through an entire season in minutes if you want to. Or, you can sim each game individually (still very quick) and check out box scores or handle your roster between games. Or, you can manage each game. Or, you can manage some and sim some.
Roster management is pretty smooth, especially if you've played a simulator before. If not, you can let the app handle lineups and rotations, the draft, DL management and your minor league system. Either way, it is pretty easy to get used to. The menu options are clear and intuitive.
It's pretty addictive. But, as someone who prefers roster building to game management I can sim each game, fiddle with the roster, and finish an entire season in under an hour. The offseason can become a quagmire if you aren't paying attention to your budget and contracts, but I like the challenge of wrangling myself out of a fiscal crisis.
I started with a whole-player draft rather than use existing rosters, and that was great because I was able to nab a good number of top prospects. I think you can choose a totally fictional universe too.
Overall, for $5 this is a slam dunk for anyone who enjoys building a franchise and managing rosters.
I've been an OOTP desktop player for about 10 years on and off. The game will keep drawing you back in because of its awesome depth and realism. It is truly one of the greatest games ever designed and I am continually impressed with the game's design and playability.
Whether you are a casual baseball fan, a diehard stats buff, a fantasy player, or even just a browser looking for some new gaming entertainment this game will provide you with more fun than you could possibly anticipate and is well worth the investment.
I am new to the condensed phone version of the game and once again I am impressed with how Marcus and his all-star programming team have scaled the game into a seamlessly fictional mini-version of the original. While you can't do everything you can do on the original, like tweak markets, hire and fire coaches, edit players, team logos, etc; this seems practical for me since play on my smartphone is usually done in short choppy sessions rather than long marathons. This also makes the phone version a perfect starter kit for the new player looking to try out the game and see what all the hardcore fans of the game have been raving about for the last 14 years.
In sum, the is best sports sim on the market hands down and for a sports sim aficionado one of the best games there is. Period. I hope you have as much fun as I have had playing it.
Still the best
Great game; very in depth, but needs quite a bit more updates in my opinion. Seven listed below (no specific order).
1.) More than 1 roster update a season! At least after the trade deadline or season, not in may.
2.) A better rating system. 1-20 isn't a common way to see baseball stats on players, 1-100 or the 20-80 scouting scale would make the game much more of a variant between players.
3.) Allow computer teams to counter trades, if this is possible I haven't seen it after playing for a while.
4.) Difficulty settings, self explanatory, game can get too easy after a few trades.
5.) Transfer games between devices.
6.) The difference between Fantasy or not at the beginning of the game explained.
7.) A bit cleaner of an interface. Not having to mainly rely on the back button would be nice. History or favorites tab would be great.
Will edit as I play a few more seasons, great game, still love it.
Planning on getting 14 if there is a sale,
$5 is borderline steep.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 03, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 42.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- © 2013 Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bundle XI: All Seasons$19.99
- 1986 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 2012 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 2007 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 2001 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 1995 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 2011 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 1998 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 1969 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99
- 2005 iOOTP Baseball Season$0.99