By Robot Entertainment
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
- Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards), featured in App Store’s Best of 2012, nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards) and past features in App Store's What's Hot and Staff Favorite!
- "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
- "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
- "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately" - Penny Arcade
- "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends -- from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Fixed a minor bug with sound preferences on game start.
This is an example of a very good tactical game where you need to think how your units need to be placed on the board and what gear should they wear. Step-by-step vs your online opponent thinking the same way. There is no best move, but there are plenty of possible bad moves. Think twice before you hit submit your turn button.
Too many errors
I doubt its my new Mac Book Air, this game keeps in giving me way to many errors and it is laggy.
Once no internet connection, another some other weird errors.
Please debug this game and please time every turn this way people can focus in finishing their game rather than waiting two days to hear back from them.
I am suggesting to add a time limit per turn, athorwise this game will be dull as hell and boring if users are not interactive.
great game, but a few bugs in the mac client
Five stars for the game, three stars for the Mac client version.
The game itself is absolutely fantastic, a nice blend of random chess, and very well balanced teams. I play it all the time and love it!
The Mac client, however, has some annoying bugs (which I'll send in to their awesome support team.)
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 28, 2013
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 132 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Robot Entertainment
- © 2013 Robot Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Team Dark Elves Pack$4.99
- Shaolin Team Pack$4.99
- Team Tribe Pack$4.99
- Team Dwarves Pack$4.99
- Challenge Collection$0.99
- Uniform Colors$0.99
- Avatars: Council$2.99