LDOCE Plus - Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English + Activator
By English Channel, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Longman's flagship learner’s dictionary ➕PLUS the Longman Activator Thesaurus
✨ The ultimate learner's resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
🔎 Are you looking to increase your English vocabulary? Do you have difficulty deciding on the correct word to use in a particular situation? Then the Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English PLUS Longman Activator Thesaurus is the app for you.
💡 The Longman Activator Thesaurus is a thesaurus for learner’s of English – and unlike a traditional thesaurus, it provides full explanations of all words and phrases so that you truly understand the differences between them. For this reason, the Longman Activator Thesaurus has been described as “better than a thesaurus”!
📕 LDOCE5 Dictionary details:
● 230,000 words, phrases and meanings - more than any other learner's dictionary
● 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network
● 10,000 encyclopedic entries -people and places.
● Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words
● Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words
● 5,000 verb conjugation tables
● Over 3000 images and 120 movies to help understanding
● Most frequent 3,000 words in spoken & written English highlighted for you
● Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
● The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations.
● Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors.
● Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 80,000 collocations will improve your fluency.
● Integrated Thesaurus.
-Over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve your vocabulary range.
🔊 86,000 pronunciation files
—all headwords in both UK & US accents 🇺🇸 🇬🇧
🔊 another 86,000 recorded example sentences
—via external links due to incredible size. Over 20GB of audio!
➕ Activator Thesaurus details:
✚ 866 keywords – basic words that you already know
✚ Over 22,000 words and phrases
– all fully explained and illustrated with example sentences
✚ Full index for quick look-up of words or phrases
✚ Over 15,000 audio pronunciations in British and American English
✚ Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words and phrases
✚ Over 400 images
🔍 Making this the largest resource for English learning available on ANY mobile platform!
⚫ Application Features:
● full content of the print dictionary
- PLUS additional collocations, synonyms & word histories
● complete front matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard pattern searches -with * ?
● spelling suggestion dictionary included
● hyperlinking directly to meanings & appendices
● search on idioms and phrasal verbs
● search by synonym and "sign-post" meanings
● support for search from other applications
● OS-independent app localization
● iPod, iPhone & iPad compatible "universal app"
● "Retina Display" support
● Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
● Bookmark syncing across devices via iCloud (iOS5)
● Clipboard monitoring (iOS5)
● automatic history listing
● complete offline use (except for sentence sounds)
👥 Social Media:
● supports Facebook APIs.
● Twitter & Evernote posts.
● Full layout for definition emails and Evernote posts.
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Fifth Edition (LDOCE5)
© Pearson Education Limited 2009, 2011
Longman Activator Thesaurus, Second Edition
© Pearson Education Limited 2002
What's New in Version 6.0
Major engine update:
● UI improvments.
● Search improvements.
● Better printing and SNS screenshots.
● Numbered search results and Bookmark folders.
● Integrated Longman Activator Thesaurus results.
● Improved localizations.
● New external app links.
● New downloading function that will enable the addition of new features and much smaller upddate downloads:
First item is an option to download and play example sentences offline. (Requires an InApp Purchase)
Many more to come.
Now supported by "TReader".
It's more than fine. My first time using this dictionary and it doesn't crash or whatsoever, I'm having no problem with it at all. Maybe it's because updating it has something to do with the crashing. It's a great dictionary. I just wish all the examples were in American English and not british :(
I dont knw wt d hell happnd to this dictionary after i updated it to 6.0. When my internet is on It keep freezing i cant even search anything.. Please fix it im a studing and i payed 36 dollars for this dictionary. Please do somthing its really nice dictionary and i dont wanna loose it. Thank you
It's work fine.
Now,it's work fine and doesn't have any problems. I like this app so much. :)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 31, 2014
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 976 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: English Channel, Inc.
- © Pearson Education Limited, Enfour Inc., The English Channel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Example Sounds download activation$0.99