By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gospel Library is the gospel study app of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The library includes the scriptures, general conference addresses, music, learning and teaching manuals, Church magazines, videos, audio recordings, gospel art, and more. Study, search, mark, and share this vast collection.
What's New in Version 4.0.5
* Fixed issue causing app to freeze up when selecting text
* Fixed problem where scroll position in chapter wasn't saving across sessions
* Fixed issue causing some links to crash
* Fixed auto-advance problem with audio
* Improved playback for downloaded audio
* Fixed issue causing bookmarks not to update correctly
* Fixed playback for downloaded videos in airplane mode
* Fixed issue with saving a note to a notebook
* Fix a bug when syncing annotations after merging from anonymous user
* Expanded touch area for footnotes
* Fixed sorting of footnotes in sidebar
Great update... BUT...
The update is great but still missing is an Apple TV app and an Apple Watch app. And Apple Watch app would be great to put your favorite scriptures verses on so you can share them or memorize them by keeping them on the Watch app. An Apple TV app would be super useful for family scripture reading! Also there are other smalls things that should be added. For example notifications for personal scripture study or for family scripture study. When you get the notification and tap on it it could take you straight into where you left off for you personal reading or family reading. Also please add 3D Touch to the home screen so you can jump right in to certain things. For example you could make the option be: search, new tab, personal study, family study. You should also add iCloud sync and the ability to make certain scriptures as certain things. So you could tag this chapter as your current chapter for person scripture study and that would sync across all devices. Or you could tag one as where you are at in your family study, or for seminary. And then everything could be synced. You would also be able to log in online and view where you are at in your personal, family, seminary reading. That way you never lose your place and it's always up to date. So many small features like these would be so helpful. Please add!
More options, please.
I miss having the footnotes at the bottom while I read on my phone. Bring them back, please or make it an option instead of the side screen. Allow an option to have it at the bottom or if someone clicks the footnote, have the window come in on the side like it does now. I hate having to go in and out of the side screen to see if it's a reference or clarification. I loved the old way where the footnote would scroll as I read along.
Also, please make the audio option accessible at all times. Having the option pop up only at the beginning of the chapter makes it so much harder to pick up where you leave off. Maybe let it have it's own button when you're in full screen along with bookmark, search, etc . There's enough space for it.
It frequently freezes when I'm trying to make notes and especially when I try to highlight. Maybe because I'm playing the audio as well.
Some of the text stops scrolling too early. I have to keep pushing the screen up to read what's at the last part of the chapter. This is a new problem since the major update. Makes it impossible to highlight the very end of the chapter and difficult to read.
The last option I'd like to see is classic audio. The new readers read with less passion than the previous. I miss that energy and excitement.
Amazing app! Nothing like it!
I've had this app for a while now and it has always worked great! It has all the content you would ever need to plan anything, whether it's family home evening lesson, seminary or a sacrament meeting talk. And it makes it easy to study the scriptures alone and as a family. My only complaint is that it's super difficult to do the scripture narrative, because every character comes as just one audio file. So if you want to listen to the second half of a chapter, you have to scrub though the narrative to find the verse you want to start with (very annoying). But other than that, it's a very solid app and has lots of great features. I highly recommend this app for anyone who wants to come closer to Heavenly Father.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 23, 2017
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Tonga, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- © 2017 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.