Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD
By Ironhide Game Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world's most devilishly addictive defense game is back - welcome to Kingdom Rush: Frontiers!
Bigger and badder than ever before, Kingdom Rush: Frontiers is a whole new level of the furiously fast, enchantingly charming gameplay that made the original title an award-winning hit. Tap your troops through an epic (mis)adventure as you defend exotic lands from dragons, man-eating plants, and ghastly denizens of the underworld -all with flashy new towers, levels, heroes, and more goodies to help you crush your foes to a pulp. (Don't worry, we've still got all the good ol' stuff from the last game, too. It's vintage now.)
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers packs in so much content, it's like a fully upgraded artillery blast of mouthwatering, pixelated joy launched right into your smiling little face... and it hurts so good!
• Fortify the frontier in exotic news lands - hold the line in deserts, jungles and even the underworld!
• Eight new specialized tower upgrades! Slice, sizzle, and stomp your foes with Crossbow Forts, Mighty Templars, Necromancers, and even Earthquake Machines - hey, we told you we were shaking things up.
• Over 18 tower abilities! Unleash Death Riders, pestilence clouds, or Assassins that steal and kill your enemies!
• Over 40 enemies with unique abilities! Stay on your toes as you fight through desert sandworms, tribal shamans, nomad tribes and underground terrors.
• Nine legendary heroes. Choose your champions and train their abilities!
• Special units and features on every stage! Watch out for the Black Dragon!
• Merciless boss fights! Hey, we told you to get those upgrades...
• Hours of gameplay with over 70 achievements!
• Classic, Iron, and Heroic game modes to challenge your tactical skills!
• Three difficulty modes! Are you up for a real challenge? Go with Hard mode!
Intoxicating charm with a rousing score, full-bodied voice-overs and lovingly illustrated cartoon art! (Complete with cartoon blood, naturally.)
• In-game encyclopedia! True warriors know thine enemies... and their towers. Study up!
PRAISE FOR KINGDOM RUSH: IGN Editor's Choice, Slide To Play Must Have, 148 Apps Editor's Choice, Jay is Games Game of the Year, Pocket Gamer Gold Award, Touch Arcade 4.5/5, CNET. Best iPad Games
Compatible with: iPad One, iPad 2, iPad Retina and iPad Mini
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Fix encyclopedia missing enemies in iPad HD
Fix Achievement The Lizard King
Other Bugs fixes
The Saurians are back, seeking revenge! This time commanded by their King Xyzzy!
Venture to the Darklight Depths and stop his reign of terror once and for all!
- New free stage: The Darklight Depths
- New boss fight: Face King Xyzzy and his Saurian Deathcoils!
- Free Hero: Bruxa the voodoo priest, master of black magic!
- New Hero: Khaz the Minotaur Warlord seeking to prove his honor!
- New Achievements & Easter eggs!
I love this game but I’m a sucker for a good tower defense style game. This and the previous installment of this game are definitely favorites of mine. I dislike all the in-app purchase stuff but it is by no means necessary to allow enjoying the game. Everything can be done and won without it just need to be persistent.
I have several complaints that keep it from getting 5 stars:
1 - Doesn’t use iCloud to allow transferring save games between devices
2 - Isn’t universal - one game should work on iPad and iPhone
3 - Thinks it is still Nintendo days by giving THREE (and only three) save slots. I have seven people in my family and this is a real pain in the neck.
4 - I like sessions to be short and sweet and they are just a tad too long. 15 waves per level on normal can be as much as 30 minutes. More levels that with them lasting 15-20 minutes would be better.
5 - Did I mention there are only THREE save slots?!?!
This game and the levels WITHOUT in-app purchases actually seems much easier than the previous Kingdom Rush. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad. I think it took me much longer to get to the big bad guy in the previous installment.
Can’t imagine playing this and not liking it.
Kingdom Rush scores again
I love developers who listen to fans. When you find them, you get games
Iike KR Frontiers. All the great parts of the first (sweet artwork, nice pop culture tie ins, customizable action), with all the suggestions from the fans (new worlds and story, longer levels, harder gameplay, and huge new selections of heroes, towers, and upgrades). It,s a sequel, but the new enemies, towers, etc make it all new. I also really dig the new hero leveling system. What gives? If the developers who worked on kingdom rush frontiers keep giving us great content, then their fans will come to expect it with every game ( I will admit that other iron hide studio game was a flop, Olympians or whatever it was). As soon as I saw kingdom rush frontiers, I only wondered for about thirty seconds "am I going to be buying the same game as the first?". Thankfully it is the perfect mix of what's new sequel should be. I do agree, I would be more likely to buy here's if they we all bundled.
The best tower defense franchise on iPad or iPhone
You might wonder why I would start out with such effusive praise but only give this game 4 stars. This is absolutely a 5 star game. This is a game that is updated even after they have no reason to. This is a game with amazing graphics, well put together dialogue, and awesome Easter eggs (though I wish there were more!).
So why the 4 star rating?
Because it's a perfect game in every way except one: it needs an infinity mode. A mode where the enemies keep coming, keep getting stronger and we have to see how far we can get, how many waves we can beat. A mode with no other goal than that. It can even be added on to every existing level: leave the wave that allows you to claim victory, just add a "would you like to keep going?" kind of thing. And a button that allows you to claim victory whenever you want.
There you have it, I just made this the best game ever.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 21, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 378 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pablo Realini Mompoey
- © Ironhide Game Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hero Dragon$4.99
- Chest of gems$9.99
- Hero Bonehart$4.99
- Bag of gems$4.99
- Hero Sha'Tra$2.99
- Hero Nivus$0.99
- Hero Grawl$2.99
- Hero Kahz$2.99
- Hero Dierdre$0.99
- Hero Captain Blackthorne$0.99