Sunrise Calendar - for Google Calendar, Exchange and for iCloud
By Sunrise Atelier, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in CNN, TechCrunch, The Verge, FastCompany.
Sunrise is a free calendar app made for Google Calendar, iCloud and Exchange. Designed with love, Sunrise is a new experience that will make your life easier.
• 100% free calendar app with a gorgeous design.
• Compatible with Google Calendar, iCloud, Exchange.
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for your iPhone and iPad.
• Synchronization that just works, in real-time and with background updates.
• Quick Add Event just by typing "Lunch tomorrow at 9pm" (long-press on the +) (for Google Calendars only).
• Timezone Support. No more headache when traveling!
• Facebook Events and Birthdays included.
• See faces and profiles of people you are meeting with using LinkedIn.
• Weather forecast based on your location.
• Smart icons.
• Tag location to events.
• Use Google Maps for Directions.
• Connect multiple Google Calendars.
What's New in Version 2.2
We are proud to introduce Exchange Calendar support in this update. You can finally connect your work calendars directly in Sunrise!
We've also added a preference for the notification badge (Inbox Count or Current Date).
Thank you for using Sunrise,
@sunrise / email@example.com
Exchange support is great! I use exchange for my work email. Our calendar is primarily used to manage appointment invites, etc. When I get an appointment request apple's native calendar app alerts me and enables me to accept, decline, or set my status as tentative. It appears that I don't have that functionality in Sunrise. This is something I need before I can fully rely on Sunrise as my only calendar solution.
And a separate point...The activity stream is a good idea but I wish they could do something better to help delineate today's events from tomorrow's. Maybe a color overlay or a more dramatic scroll gesture (think yahoo news digest to get to the "more news" section) to show me the other day's activities. I keep wishing ppl a happy birthday a day too early to the point where it's starting to get annoying.
Otherwise, great app!
Love the cleanliness, organization, and intuitive design. I'm crazy for calendar apps, and I love this one the best so far!
Recommend: Being able to add a task for the day, not necessarily an "all day" task, yet not necessarily an event at a specific time.
Update: MS Exchange support is an incredible addition. Thank you!
Updating the review- added date!
I love this app, and I love the improvements from the previous major update. I also love that they now have the option to show the date on the icon. Unfortunately, it is the same function as the little red notification circle. You know... The one that has us trained to respond SO THAT IT GOES AWAY????
Ugh. No. That is even worse than not showing the date at all!!! PLEASE incorporate the date into the actual icon or not at all. This current date solution is not the answer I was looking for. Big step down.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 06, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sunrise Atelier, Inc
- © Sunrise Atelier, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.