By James Schultz
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Patter is a full featured, iOS companion application for the popular Patter messaging service. Patter allows you to chat privately with your friends or publicly in open chat rooms. Patter is powered by the app.net social application platform and you will need to have an app.net account to use Patter.
*** Current Features ***
* View and respond to your current app.net private messages
* View and respond to your current Patter message rooms
* Create new Patter message rooms
* Edit existing Patter message rooms
* Send new app.net private messages
* Join or leave private messages or Patter message room
* Mute or unmute private messages or Patter message rooms
* View private message or Patter message room participants
* Send private messages to participants
* @mention participants
* open embedded links posted in messages
* Discover new Patter message rooms
* View specific rooms using a channel ID or Patter room URL
* Broadcast messages to the Global Stream
Patter v1 is currently being sold at an introductory price of $2.99. For the next major release we may increase the price or introduce additional in app purchases.
What's New in Version 1.0.4
* Added support for authentication with App.net Passport
* Patter room links now open within the app rather than in a web view
* Fixed an issue with broadcast button alignment
* Fixed an issue with presenting broadcast view options in some cases it wasn't working
* Fixed a few other minor issues
Does what it says
The app works as advertized. Needs some improvements, but actually very good app.
Good; needs file support
This is a good, simple app for App.net Patter chat rooms and private messages. Right now, though, it doesn't support file attachments; they're just invisible when people post them.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 13, 2013
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: James Schultz
- © Blue Boxen, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.