Speakaboos - The Reading and Learning App for Kids
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The only reading app designed to motivate kids to read!
** Over 200 interactive stories & songs that turn screen time into reading time
** So fun & engaging kids choose reading over games
** Stories promote active participation, grow vocabulary, and improve comprehension
** Designed so kids as young as 2 can easily use independently
**Available as a free trial and then a monthly or annual subscirption
WHAT’S INSIDE THE SPEAKABOOS READING APP for Kids
- Stories & songs for kids ages 2-6 including classic fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes as well as original characters developed exclusively for this reading app
- Well-known books for kids such as The 3 Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks, & Where the Wild Things Are,
- Popular characters that preschool and kindergarten children love like Thomas the Train, Angelina Ballerina, Sid the Science Kid, and Mike the Knight
- Sesame street songs with Elmo and Big Bird
- Stories organized by favorite kid’s topics like princesses, monsters, animals, music, and more!
- Reading app activity reporting that lets you know about your child’s reading activity
PARENTS & TEACHERS LOVE SPEAKABOOS FOR THEIR CHILDREN!
- “My 23-month-old daughter and I love to cuddle up and read your stories, especially the ones about fairytales and princesses.” - Ashley B., KY
- “My 5-year-old son is a reluctant reader, but Speakaboos stories on monsters and animals have really engaged him and he wants to read more books as a result! - Karen D., CA
- I’m an elementary school early literacy educator for 38 years now!! This app is fantastic!’ - Deb B., NJ
PRAISE FROM EDUCATORS AND MEDIA
- Awarded National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval.
- Received an A+ from Education World.
- Named “one of the great websites” by the American Library Association.
- "Speakaboos... makes it easy for kids to learn to read by easing them through different phases: reading stories to them, helping them to follow along with the story as it's read, and finally allowing kids to read on their own," (Appolicious).
- "Speakaboos will be a very handy tool while traveling. We have put in quite a bit of air and car time this summer and it doesn’t take long before our active preschooler gets bored watching back to back movies. Speakaboos offers a good, more interactive alternative." (GeekMom).
SPEAKABOOS BUILDS AND SUPPORTS LITERACY FOR CHILDREN
Speakaboos’ educational methodology encourages literacy and learning through features including:
- Read-along word highlighting promotes word recognition among young readers.
- Clickable words allow children to hear the way words are pronounced.
- Rich illustrations, sound effects and music keeps kids engaged.
- 3 modes of play depending on reading level: Read To Me, Read & Play, Read It Myself.
- If you like Reading Rainbow, Scholastic Storia, FarFaria, Learn with Homer MeeGenius or ABC Mouse, you'll love Speakaboos stories.
Subscription details for Speakaboos Reading App: Stories & Songs for Kids:
- Subscription is offered on a monthly or yearly basis and provides unlimited access
- A 1-month subscription costs $7.99 and 12 months costs $69.99 or equivalent local price
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
By downloading Speakaboos, you agree to the following terms:
What's New in Version 4.4.3
- Minor App Updates to improve the experience of the app!
Great for bedtime, but...
This is a great app and I'm glad my kiddos can follow along with the highlighted words at the bottom. Some stories are interactive as well. They now want a "story on daddy's phone" every night (yes, I still read the "old-fashioned" way as well). BUT...$7.99 per month is way too much for this app! That's why the 3 stars instead of 5. It will be deleted next month. It's a shame. They just priced themselves incorrectly. ☹️
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 26, 2017
- Version: 4.4.3
- Size: 76.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Conscious Content Media LLC
- © 2017 Speakaboos
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases