Homer - #1 Learn to Read Program for Kids Age 2-8
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Homer, the #1 learn to read app for kids ages 2-8. Nurturing, fun, easy to use, Homer grows with children as they develop at every age and stage. Just 15 minutes a day was shown to increase early reading scores by 74% in a recent study.
“Homer has something for everyone! My two year old is not ready to read, but he loves the songs, stories and games. When he’s ready, he’ll use the learn to read lessons just like my older son who is 5 and sounding out words. It’s great to have one app that they both love.” Kate G. mom of two boys.
“My daughter uses Homer every single day! Her teachers tell me she is reading way above grade level and I know it’s because of Homer.”
- Kelly S., mom of a Kindergarten student
Children will cultivate a love of reading through age-appropriate stories, music, and games, and learn critical phonics, sight words and other skills at every reading stage.
Winner of the Teacher’s Choice Gold Award, Homer teaches:
Our 30-day free trial gives up to four children full access to:
-1,000+ lessons covering phonics, sight words, ABCs organized in a step-by-step program for kids at all reading stages
-New animated stories delivered every Saturday via Homer’s Saturday Surprise feature
- 200+ stories for toddler, preschool, kindergarten and kids up to age 8
- Science and History lessons to build advanced knowledge & vocabulary
- Art and Music activities to foster creativity
- 150+ Printable Worksheets, Learning Games, Puzzles and Offline Activities
- 60 First Readers to practice phonics, sight words and decoding
- Record feature that captures children reading their first book
-Parent dashboard to track your child’s progress
-Individual profiles for up to 4 children, who can learn at one time
-Our 100% child-safe, ad-free learning experience
Your child can try Homer FREE for 30 days! If you enjoy your trial, do nothing, and your membership will automatically continue if you choose to remain a member. Membership is $7.99/month, charged to your iTunes account automatically after the free trial period is over.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
--You may turn off auto-renewal in your iTunes user settings at any time during your 30 day free trial and you will not be charged.
--Payment will automatically be charged to your iTunes account after the period of your 30-day free trial
--Your itunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
We love hearing from our users! Contact email@example.com for help or suggestions, or visit https://homerlearning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Additional Homer Info:
“One of the most comprehensive apps for teaching reading.”
- The New York Times
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU quoted in USA Today.
Throughout 2017, Homer is free to qualified and verified teachers and librarians to support educational instruction with progress tracking for up to 32 individual students.
A recent study showed using Homer 15 minutes a day over a 6 week period nearly doubled scores on the Test of Preschool Early Literacy, making it perfect for whole and small-group instruction, resource rooms and libraries as the most reliable and effective app for teaching a child to read.
“I have LOVED having this wonderful resource right at my fingertips! … The content is rich and correlates with what the students are learning. I have had several teachers ask me about how they can use it in their classrooms! Everyone is so impressed, including the kids!”
- Amanda H., Elementary School Teacher
What's New in Version 3.9.50
Reduced App Size
--We've reduced the size of the Homer app even more to improve performance and take up less room on your device!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
--Homer also squashed some more icky summer bugs!
If you are enjoying Homer, please take a minute to rate us in the App Store!
Good for learning to read
The learn to read section of the app does a really nice job of introducing the building blocks of reading with fun games around each sound type. I feel good knowing this is educational and fun!
My son is reading on his own! This app is WONDERFUL
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 3.9.50
- Size: 175 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: HomerLearning, Inc.
- © 2014-2017 HomerLearning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Homer Unlimited Access$7.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$79.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$20.99
- Discover Zoo + About Us Multi-Pack$8.99
- Learn To Read 3-8 Multi-Pack$6.99
- Learn To Read 3-5 Multi-Pack$3.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 3$1.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 4$1.99
- Learn To Read 3-9 Multi-Pack$7.99
- Discover Single Pack: Feathered Friends$1.99