Learn with Homer: Reading & Educational Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2015 Winner of the Teacher's Choice Gold Award
Based on Harvard & Stanford Research
Research shows Homer increases early reading scores by 74%
Mom’s Choice Gold Award + recommended by Today Show
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
We cover 50+ reading skills! Our fun, all-in-one, easy-to-use program gets children READY for pre-K, Kindergarten + 1st grade.
“My students use Homer 10 minutes every day and are advancing faster than their peers.” - Teresa M., Teacher, Happy, KY
BEST-IN-CLASS EARLY LEARNING AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES
For a fraction of the cost, Homer brings directly to families the personalized reading instruction once only available through expensive after-school learning centers or private tutors.
“A captivating, comprehensive early reading resource"
- Five Stars, Common Sense Media
“A mobile app to start your kid’s school year off right”
“...Brings to the tablet the best of how a child learns to read and build knowledge”
-MSNBC Morning Joe
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE HOMER METHOD
Homer’s Method combines the best research on how children learn to read with innovative game design in an immersive learning experience. It develops confident readers by progressively building over 50+ skills, including:
· Letter sound recognition (phonics)
· Proper pronunciation of letter sounds
· Upper- + lowercase letters
· Middle + ending sounds
· Sight Words
LET GRANDMA CHEER YOUR CHILD ON!
Our new signature product, Homer’s Pigeon Post, is a parent-controlled, invitation-only virtual postal service that keeps families connected. It’s free, safe, and easy. Send a postcard today! See www.learnwithhomer.com/pigeon-post for details.
EXPLORE THE WORLD OF HOMER & FRIENDS
-Try Learn with Homer Unlimited free for one month
Keep learning & playing with a limited version for free or become a member for unlimited learning for up to 4 children.
- Just 15 minutes a day builds skills + confidence
- Easy - 100s of hours of learning in one place
- Proven literacy method teaches kids to read
- Entertains for hours through vast library of stories + songs
- New content added every week
- Science + history field trips build knowledge
- Tracks child’s progress from website dashboard
- Pigeon Post delivers personalized postcards to child from family members who are part of a safe, parent-controlled circle
Safe, trusted, fun. We take your privacy seriously. No ads, ever. Compatible with iPad 2 +. Works best over WiFi or offline (not 3G)
Visit us: learnwithhomer.com
Like us: facebook.com/learnwithhomer
Follow us: twitter.com/learnwithhomer
Your feedback makes us stronger; keep it coming! Thanks to our most loyal customers. To become a member of our Pigeon Perks loyalty program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try it Free. No commitment to subscribe. Then, become a member by subscribing anytime for less than the cost of a tutoring session
- Monthly or annual subscriptions give unlimited access to full curriculum and progress reporting
- Content added every month
- Payment will be charged to iTunes at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current period
- Manage subscription or turn off auto-renew at any time: go to iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of current subscription allowed during active subscription period
- Contact email@example.com for help
What's New in Version 2.8
+ Build Your Own White House game
+ Learn to Read Level 20
+ 4 New First Readers
+ "White House Wonders," an exciting new Presidents' Day pack created in partnership with the American Museum of Natural History
+ Stump the Grown Up!
+ Never miss a postcard! Watch the mushroom mailbox for new mail!
+ New Saturday Surprises every week
I initially found this product through an email, and somehow when I signed up I ended up with a PC only version. So when I downloaded the app and tried to log in I was denied access and it told me I had a "web based only" version for the free trial To make my experience even more fun, you can't cancel your free subscription without calling their 800 number M-F, 8-5, EST. When I finally got ahold of them the next week I was informed that I would have to delete my account and create a new one, and sign up yet again with my credit card info. To add insult to injury, about an hour after I canceled my account I received an email, offering me 50% off for six months if I stayed with them… For a web-based only account. Again, not what I wanted.
I can't speak to the quality of the product, but their customer service could use some serious work. It also seems manipulative to force a phone call to cancel something that you can sign up for online.
More Presidents Day content!
While a lot of other apps go for the easier to digest Valentine’s Day option at this time of year, Homer, true to form, digs deeper into information that will actually be useful to children in the future. And the Theodore Roosevelt lesson is sponsored by The American Museum of Natural History. We may never get to go there, but now my kids can have a part of the experience at home. They love the Night at the Museum movies so were excited to find more about TR in Homer yesterday.
My daughter loves this app!
I just downloaded this app to help my 3 year old daughter learn to read and she absolutely loves it from the minute he picked it up. The learning curriculum is really great and keeps my kid engaged for hours. Not to mention the illustrations are beautiful. This is one of the best learning apps I have downloaded. I would definitely recommend this to any parent with children. Good work Homer team. Keep it coming!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 300 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HomerLearning, Inc.
- © 2014 HomerLearning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Homer Unlimited Access$7.99
- Discover Zoo + About Us Multi-Pack$8.99
- Learn To Read 3-8 Multi-Pack$6.99
- Learn To Read 3-5 Multi-Pack$3.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$20.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$79.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 3$1.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 4$1.99
- Learn To Read 3-9 Multi-Pack$7.99
- Discover Single Pack: Feathered Friends$1.99