Learn with Homer: Reading & Educational Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2015 Winner of the Teacher's Choice Gold Award
Based on Harvard & Stanford Research
Research shows Homer increases early reading scores by 74%
Mom’s Choice Gold Award + recommended by Today Show
"In just six weeks, with no intervention from teachers, students who used Learn with Homer for 15 minutes per day improved the key skills most highly correlated with future reading success. That’s a big deal.”
- Dr. Susan B. Neuman, Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education, Professor of Early Childhood & Literacy Education, NYU
We cover 50+ reading skills! Our fun, all-in-one, easy-to-use program gets children READY for pre-K, Kindergarten + 1st grade.
“My students use Homer 10 minutes every day and are advancing faster than their peers.” - Teresa M., Teacher, Happy, KY
BEST-IN-CLASS EARLY LEARNING AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES
For a fraction of the cost, Homer brings directly to families the personalized reading instruction once only available through expensive after-school learning centers or private tutors.
“A captivating, comprehensive early reading resource"
- Five Stars, Common Sense Media
“A mobile app to start your kid’s school year off right”
“...Brings to the tablet the best of how a child learns to read and build knowledge”
-MSNBC Morning Joe
THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE HOMER METHOD
Homer’s Method combines the best research on how children learn to read with innovative game design in an immersive learning experience. It develops confident readers by progressively building over 50+ skills, including:
· Letter sound recognition (phonics)
· Proper pronunciation of letter sounds
· Upper- + lowercase letters
· Middle + ending sounds
· Sight Words
LET GRANDMA CHEER YOUR CHILD ON!
Our new signature product, Homer’s Pigeon Post, is a parent-controlled, invitation-only virtual postal service that keeps families connected. It’s free, safe, and easy. Send a postcard today! See www.learnwithhomer.com/pigeon-post for details.
EXPLORE THE WORLD OF HOMER & FRIENDS
-Try Learn with Homer Unlimited free for one month
Keep learning & playing with a limited version for free or become a member for unlimited learning for up to 4 children.
- Just 15 minutes a day builds skills + confidence
- Easy - 100s of hours of learning in one place
- Proven literacy method teaches kids to read
- Entertains for hours through vast library of stories + songs
- New content added every week
- Science + history field trips build knowledge
- Tracks child’s progress from website dashboard
- Pigeon Post delivers personalized postcards to child from family members who are part of a safe, parent-controlled circle
Safe, trusted, fun. We take your privacy seriously. No ads, ever. Compatible with iPad 2 +. Works best over WiFi or offline (not 3G)
Visit us: learnwithhomer.com
Like us: facebook.com/learnwithhomer
Follow us: twitter.com/learnwithhomer
Your feedback makes us stronger; keep it coming! Thanks to our most loyal customers. To become a member of our Pigeon Perks loyalty program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try it Free. No commitment to subscribe. Then, become a member by subscribing anytime for less than the cost of a tutoring session
- Monthly or annual subscriptions give unlimited access to full curriculum and progress reporting
- Content added every month
- Payment will be charged to iTunes at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current period
- Manage subscription or turn off auto-renew at any time: go to iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of current subscription allowed during active subscription period
- Contact email@example.com for help
What's New in Version 2.8.2
This version fixes a bug that prevented some people from logging in.
Our little one’s and grandpa’s favorite app
I recently got Learn With Homer for our 3 year old. He’s been having a great time with the content, specially the games and drawings, but the real deal changer for us is the pigeon post. For those who are unfamiliar with the app, the pigeon post is a section inside the app that allows children to communicate with others. Only people I approve of can be messaged, so it is very secure.
In our case, he keeps in constant communication with my parents, whom of course are not very tech-savvy. Anyway, they’ve learnt to communicate with their grandson via Homer, encouraging him thru the reading lessons.
My son’s favorite app!
This app is wonderful when you have kids in various stages of learning to read. Our youngest (now 3) loves going through the Story Time and Songs & Rhymes sections. Our son (age 5) loves exploring the all the various sections of the app - He can’t get enough of it - and we’ve actually found that he’s more interested in reading now than before. I have to say that I also love the design. The characters and world are have a great style and feels very immersive. Definitely recommended for parents with multiple kids getting started with letters & reading.
This app is special! It delights my child who loves the fact that she is now able to read just like mom! And it delights me that she feels she is joining me in the world of readers. Add to that all the interesting information we're discovering together and the stories and songs we like to listen to over and over. Well done!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 299 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HomerLearning, Inc.
- © 2014 HomerLearning, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Homer Unlimited Access$7.99
- Discover Zoo + About Us Multi-Pack$8.99
- Learn To Read 3-8 Multi-Pack$6.99
- Learn To Read 3-5 Multi-Pack$3.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$20.99
- Homer Unlimited Access$79.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 3$1.99
- Learn to Read Single Pack: Level 4$1.99
- Learn To Read 3-9 Multi-Pack$7.99
- Discover Single Pack: Feathered Friends$1.99