Radar Cast Elite - NOAA Hi-Def FutureCast, Push Notifications, Driving Directions, Lightning Strikes & Weather
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Limited Time Sale - 25% OFF - DOWNLOAD NOW!
User Review: "It shows tornadoes and the path it's going showed it was going over my house so i evacuated my house when it was over i went back to my house and it was just a big pile of destruction i would be dead if it wasnt for this app." - gamertagweedybird
Stunning Past and FutureCast Radar Images, Snowfall, Hurricane Tracks, Weather Based Driving Directions, Real-Time Lightning Strikes, plus Push Notifications whenever it is about to rain or snow at any of multiple desired locations. See where storms, tornadoes and derechoes are expected to go! Plus see weather forecast, severe weather warning boxes, storm direction arrows, hurricane forecast tracks, wildfires, and even current drought severity on the same map!
Plus this is the only app that shows hi-definition animated past, current and future-radar in a single continuous sequence on a fluid responsive map without having to press a single button.
Plus this is the only app that can instantly show predicted rain/snow start/stop times for any point on the map.
Plus this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Plus easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- RadarCast - our proprietary realtime future-cast technology that lets you see hi-definition radar one hour into the future
- Get push-notified with custom sounds whenever it about to rain or snow at multiple locations of your choice
- Rain start/ stop times for any point on the map
- Get Driving Directions that avoid bad weather from within the app!
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Severe weather warning boxes on the map
- Storm Tracks on the map with detailed storm information
- Hurricane Forecast Tracks on the map with detailed information
- US Drought severity map
- Wildfire locations on map with detailed information and firefighting updates
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Send radar screenshots to friends easily via email or social media
- Send weather postcards to friends easily via email or social media
- Fast Loading
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
- Select opacity of radar images to your taste
- Read Area Forecast Discussions issued by your nearest NWS forecast office.
- Check your local radar site's hardware operational status from within the app
- See images from upto 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam. Also, push-notifications for rain will not work reliably in Hawaii, Guam and Alaska. Aviation Sectional Charts are not available for Hawaii.
- This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
What's New in Version 2.0
Now with TurnCast - Weather Based Driving Directions!
This application has been able to take the place of several weather and aviation programs I own and has freed-up a lot of driver space on my iPad 2.
As a member of Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association(AOPA), National Hot Rod Association(NHRA), and the Amateur Radio Emergency Services(ARES), I count on my weather and aviation charts to determine my upcoming actions. Believe it or not, this program satisfies my needs as few ever have. Please read on...
I realize that the air charts provided are not to be used for actual navigation, but they are accurate enough to perform perfunctory plans. The in-app purchase options available are for me, worth every penny spent. Please explore these options before deciding whether to buy or not to buy the in-app purchases. They are worth the money spent. I am a disabled combat veteran and am not connected with any media company anywhere and this written opinion is just that, my opinion.
Good data but interface issues
I like that the app opens right up with the radar; strait to the point. However, the settings screen feels overly cluttered; the layers settings, the app settings, the location settings, multiple settings screens with overlapping settings. The "interface" is not all hi-res. ie. some of the settings/texts are blurry. Granted the radar data (which is good) is what matters, but when you pay money for a professional app, especially on an Apple device, it should be polished, clean, non-cluttered, and flowing. I hold out hope for updates to polish this app. But no reason to not use it to jump strait to fast radar data.
One of the better but not the best
There are 3 other weather apps that I keep on iPhone. This one ranks real good but suffers from same problem as rest, REAL TIME weather radar updates of 2 minutes or less. It's not right on LOCATION STORM TRACK, off a few miles. It doesn't have few of the better features of #1 - eWeatherHD or TWC Max, so I would give it #3 ranking behind #2 - TWC Max but better than #4 - Radar Pro. If I could get the combination of #4 - Radar Pro updates and location accuracy, combined with eWeather HD or TWC Max, those would be 5 star in my book instead of 4.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 09, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2013 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tide Charts and Tables$0.99
- Travel / On the Road$0.99
- Best Fishing Times$1.99
- Truck Stops$0.99
- Aviation/Pilot Layers - 1 Year Subscription$9.99