Encircle is a mobile and web documentation tool that allows for the efficient gathering of visual and textual information by anyone with a smartphone or tablet.
The leading documentation tool for homeowners, property managers, Inventory Professionals, and Insurance Professionals. Simply download the app, sign up with your email address and password, pick a role and you’re ready to document a property. In about an hour or less the average user can create a complete picture inventory of a property and generate detailed reports. The account can be accessed via smartphone, tablet and web interface (getencircle.com). Encircle can be used for insurance purposes, estate planning, relocation and moving, or decorating.
By recording the details of a property using pictures the user has detailed visual proof of the property and the items inside. In addition to pictures the user can add as much details as desired using videos, photo notes, text notes, sketch and more. There’s no limit to what and how much you can track.
- Easy to use interface for adding property, rooms, items and item details
- No limit to how many pictures or how much information can be added
- One button click PDF and Excel report creation
- Easy to update and manage files across smartphone, tablet or web
- Updates are automatically synchronized across all devices
- Outstanding customer support
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Taking video crashes app.
I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 11. Every time I attempt to take a video for a room, the app crashes.
Update 11/14: I received your response that the app had been updated to fix the video crashing error. Sorry, but it STILL crashes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reaching out. We released a new version of software last week (3.9.2) that resolves this issue. If you upgrade to the latest version you should be all set! Let us know if you run into any other problems.
Apologies - we found the issue which was specific to the iPhone 8 and have fixed it in 3.9.3 late last week. If you upgrade to that version I am very confident it is resolved.
Very Useful App
And fun too! Works well and a great idea!
great start - long way to go
Beautifully designed. Wonderfully simple.
However, there are lots of areas where I'd like to see improvement:
1. It is sometimes very slow and otherwise responsive on my iPhone 5. Needs to be more consistent. Entering lots of data is unbearable when the app runs slowly.
2. Once you've taken the pictures there's no obvious way to get them out. Should be able to press-hold to copy/save to camera roll so that you can easily email to insurance adjuster. The export function sent me an email with a .zip attachment that would not open on my Mac running Mountain Lion. The Zip file was only 2 KB, so I suspect that it didn't contain my pictures, anyway.
3. Each asset's menu uses most of the screen to display links to google searches under the headings of "documents/video", "troubleshooting", and "parts and accessories". I would venture to guess that practically no users techie enough to make full home inventories on iOS devices and yet don't know how to google the name of their product to look for support videos.
This area would be better served to show additional photos, my notes, warranty expiration dates, related assets (printer for a computer) etc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.