By Ravensburger Digital GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Las Vegas is based on the "SPIEL DES JAHRES" 2012 nominated board game from the company Alea, known for publishing gripping card and board games such as Puerto Rico and San Juan.
Las Vegas combines simple gameplay with challenging strategy for a motivating, addictive gaming experience. Once you have started a game, you’ll want to play second round, then another… and another.
The digital version of the game has been given a new look, and sets the player in the middle of the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas. The clatter of slot machines and jazzy tunes provide a typical casino atmosphere.
- A dynamic adaptation of the "SPIEL DES JAHRES" 2012 nominated board game “Las Vegas”.
- Start playing straight away and learn the rules with the tutorial as you play.
- Play in multiplayer mode with up to 4 players. You can play with human opponents or against the computer.
- Computer-controlled players with different skill levels and characteristics when playing a local game.
- Asynchronous multiplayer mode: play with friends around the world with up to four players.
- A variant of the original game included, offering additional gameplay, new strategies and even more variety.
- Stay motivated with worldwide Leaderboards and challenging Achievements.
- Online game betting feature offers additional suspense in the race to score points.
- State-of-the-art 3D graphics in a neon glitter setting typical of Las Vegas.
- Universal app: works on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Feel free to check out Ravensburger’s other games, including Scotland Yard, THE aMAZEing Labyrinth, San Juan and Puerto Rico, along with many, many others.
Become a fan of Ravensburger Digital on Facebook and find out more about our new apps, exclusive competitions and behind the scenes information about the development of our apps:
What's New in Version 1.2
Many thanks for your feedback and positive reviews! With this update we address the following, known issues:
- Bug fixed that prevented buttons in the title screen from working.
- Bug fixed with the 'back' button not working in a local game.
- Bug fixed that made the app freeze right after starting a game.
- Bug fixed for multiplayer games that produced a crash after a Big Cash Bet with players having the same score.
- Bug fixed for multiplayer games that made the app freeze while syncing with Game Center.
- '10000$' bug fixed that made a player lose 10000 cash.
- iPhone 5/iPod Touch 5th generation: altered position of the casino confirmation button.
- Neglected the refresh button in the end screen that made the score calculation run again.
- Further bugfixing an optimization.
Please carry on with your much appreciated positive reviews in case you like our app!
Trapped in fast forward hell
The basic game is great. Been playing IRL since it came out. The app is meh at best. Being forced to watch the extremely slow animations is only slightly more annoying than having to hold a fast forward button that only works part of the time. The most incredibly frustrating part is that if you are using multiple devices to play the game depending on circumstances is that if you try to take a turn on a device other than the one you took the previous turn on, you will have to suffer through ALL THE ANIMATIONS FOR THE ENTIRE GAME before you can take your turn. For one game this is bad enough, but when you have four going, it bites. I usually only play on my iPad, but I recently bought a new one and ran into this problem like my multiple device using friends. We decided not to play any more games until this issue is fixed. Enable a setting to automatically fast forward to your turn, and fix whatever causes you to have to go through the whole game on another device, and we will give a better review, and play the game again. Until then, the app is dead to us.
Pretty, but painfully slow
The idea of Vegas casinos is pretty and works well for a very basic/minimal dice game (which I have played). That said, the iOS app is way slower than actually playing for the following reasons:
- Tap your dice then roll your dice. This first tap is unnecessary.
- With only one option, you still need to select where the dice go. Why? There is only one option.
- Some things you can't fast-forward through.
- Fast-forward resembles a VCR. Do kids even know what these are? Further it is slow. Why not just skip ahead to my turn?
- The computer is slow and thinks for a few seconds after selecting dice. Really? The turn is done. Move on.
- Refreshing online multiplayer doesn't work so you usually need to leave the game, go back through the menus, to get back to the game.
- There is no quick way to switch between multiplayer games so you need to leave the game, go back through the menus, to get to the next game.
Basically, what should be a quick dice game puts me to sleep, literally. Play before bed time.
Warning: Updating to this version will erase your multiplayer games.
Warning: Do not play on two devices (like an iPhone and iPad). It took me over ten minutes of fast-forwarding to get caught up on my "other" device.
UPDATE: My wife likes the game, but hates the app. We don't play any more.
Wife, daughter, extended family and I love it! Ravensburger puts out great board games. Other games in the board game category aren't even real board games. For other excellent Ravensburger titles: Whoowasit (one of my favorites of all), Think, Scotland Yard and The Amazing Labrynth. Ravensburger's apps are top notch. Very glad to play asynchronously online through Game Center!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 01, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Ravensburger Digital GmbH
- © Ravensburger Digital GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.