Lync 2013 for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPhone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
•View shared meeting content during a conference, on your mobile device
•Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) or invite additional participants
•Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync Meeting to communicate and collaborate amazing ideas
•Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
•Transfer your calls to another phone-number or another contact
•Pick-up your conversations from the point you ended them
•Join (and enjoy) a Lync Meeting even if you don’t have a Lync account
•Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 meeting. However, you must have a Lync account in order to use (and enjoy) the full capability of the Lync Mobile app. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync Server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR OFFICE 365 / LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.6
Needs some tweaks
While a big improvement over the 2010 version, it needs a bit of fixing. First, I changed my exchange credentials and could not find ANY way to update that in the app...nothing worked. I had to uninstall and reinstall and then my meetings list re-populated. Second, chats randomly disappear, so do missed conversations. I need to be accessible when on mobile, and this makes people think I am ignoring them. Third, if I have both my laptop version and my mobile version opened...you never know which device will get the message. It's not consistent.
Better Than Lync 2010, but still needs work!
The program is getting better, but there's still room for major improvement. Here's my list.
1. Lync calls get interrupted by cell calls. Not good when talking to boss!
2. Text messages and call logs not synced between devices. I use an iPhone iPad and desktop version of Lync and I can't transition a text conversation from one device to another because they are not synced.
3. Full contact information not transferring from exchange server to mobile devices. I'm usually missing office phone, cell phone or both numbers.
Please update to support TLS 1.2
I can't believe this hasn't been updated yet to support TLS 1.2! We tried to disable SSL 3.0 on our reverse proxy server and the only thing that broke was this app! The app cannot connect without SSL 3.0. If your not dead , you might have heard of the POODLE vulnerability that was discovered in the SSL 3.0 protocol. SSL 3.0 was released in 1996 if you can belive it! As soon as we re-enabled SSL 3.0, this app could connect without any issues. I cannot believe we have to live with either this security hole or no lync mobility. This stinks. When it does work it chews up the battery like you wouldn't believe.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 5.6
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.